Supernatural 11/18/11 "How To Win Friends And Influence Monsters"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    They killed Bobby! THE BASTARDS!!

Did not see that coming...wonder if he's really dead, or it's just a cheap trick. Or considering the show, he's really dead but won't be for long.

I'm glad they had the explanatory flashback immediately following Captain Aceveda's appearance...he's been on so many shows lately, his characters are blurring together. For a moment I was wondering what a Mexican drug cartel hit-man was doing in that parking lot. :D

2. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    This episode struck a near-perfect balance between goofy and dead-serious, for me. Great moments on both ends of the spectrum.

3. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    IIRC, Bobby died last season, or was it the season before?

Everyone on this show has died at least once.

Doesn't mean a darn thing.

phox

4. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    With everything they've done on this show, they could have a literal Deus Ex Machina.

(About the preview)
    The previews show that they do get Bobby to a hospital.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Have any of the Leviathans had non-human names?

I'm kinda curious as to how a Leviathan eats himself entirely.

I figured Bobby got shot when Dick said the pistols were known for their accuracy. I was surprised that he shot more than once though.

6. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    If they had a good answer to that question, I'm sure it wouldn't have happened off-screen. :D

7. Wil

Wil Unknown Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Like the Igli in Robert Heinlein's "Glory Road."

8. sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    Jensen Ackles is good at playing it just silly enough to be a little off, but not over the top. Like in the episode a couple of seasons ago where people were dying of fright and he got affected. I still think the scene where he got scare by the cat in the office in the old lumber mill is one of the funniest scenes of the whole series.

9. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, in these "comedy episodes" I always get the feeling that Jared Padalecki is winking at the camera. But Jensen Ackles pretty much takes it as seriously as he ever takes it (which is to say, pretty but not entirely).