Supernatural - 10/21/2011 - "Shut Up, Dr. Phil"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ehusen, Oct 24, 2011.

1. ehusen

ehusen Geek not Nerd

Jan 7, 2002
    Chicago Suburbs
    Okay, so it was amusing to see "Spike" and "Cordelia" again. James Marsters accent popped through every so often and that's how I finally caught on to where I had seen him before.

But I'm really bothered by the fact that Winchesters just left them both alone? A few episodes back, Dean kills a "monster" in cold blood because it killed people to save her child from death. But now, he just leaves these 2 witches to go about their business since they finally stopped killing innocent people when they had a tiff?

I guess they only go after the monsters that aren't too hard to kill...

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    You do realize he's an American...and his accent in Buffy was notoriously fake?

He seems to have a mild speech impediment which sometimes shows up no matter what accent he's using at the moment.

And it wasn't a question of leaving the monsters alone. It was a question of convincing the monsters not to kill them...which clearly they could have done at will, but were having too much fun playing with their food. :D

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I hope that Marsters' warlock character helping the boys out at the end is an indication that he'll be back later in the season to save their bacon again.

4. ehusen

ehusen Geek not Nerd

Jan 7, 2002
    Chicago Suburbs
    Well I do now. :) Color me oblivious. I just assumed since he looks kind of, you know, "English". :)

But I still don't buy that the Winchesters leave the witches alone because they are just too powerful. Heck, the whole series has been them fighting against unbeatable monsters. They've taken out: angels, gods, and the Devil (twice I think). All of those seem to be "unbeatable" as well.

Plus, they didn't even discuss it like they were worried about things with the witches (i.e. well they aren't killing us right now so let's just skeedaddle). The brothers just seemed totally okay with just getting the witches to stop killing and that's good enough.