Supernatural 1/10/2006 (S01E11) "Scarecrow"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Jan 15, 2006.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    So there is indeed something more than just a bunch of unrelated stories every week going on. That's a relief. It was becoming difficult to believe the show could survive long as just a bunch of random exorcisms.

2. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    I thought this one was weak. The ending I mean. They ran out of the trees to get away from the "god" and then came back the next day to burn the tree. Don't get me wrong that seems like the best way to do it but for TV its kidna boring. I know they can't battle every monster hand to hand.

3. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I for one was glad to see the show return, and I enjoyed the episode.

4. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I missed this episode. How did it advance the story arc or did it?

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I really like this show. I had much higher hopes for Threshold, Invasion and Surface. Funny how things turned out.

6. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    We had the girl at the end make a "blood call" to someone and speak of how she could've killed the brothers.

7. Test

Test Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2004
    good ep....and i like the fact that they ran away.......dont need a buffy fight everytime theres a monster.....

whoelse called it that the girl hitchhiker was up to no good?

and maybe its just me but is the father dead? i forgot about the last episode, i think it was the one with the medium and the father actually made an appearence, but for some reason i think he's dead...did they give any reason to believe that?

always like those freaky scarecrows....and next ep looks great

8. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    There has always been an arc to this show, the search for their dad, who's on a hunt for the demon that killed his wife and Sam's girlfriend. Every episode has made some reference to that, either them trying to trace their Dad or decipher one of his messages. Sometimes the being they're fighting knows something about it, and tries to use that knowledge to against them.
    Just you. Father's not dead, just on a mission.

My theory has always been the father has been hunting demons for a long tome, before the brothers were born. It would explain both the depth of the knowledge in his book, and the necessary skills the brothers learned from him.

9. jwjody

jwjody Not enough room

Dec 7, 2002
    Center of...
    I liked the episode. The scarecrow was creepy and I thought this was a suspenseful ep.

I thought the girl hitchhiker was going to be involved somehow. But it seems when a show introduces an antagonist the show doesn't last very long. Joan of Arcadia and Tru Calling come to mind.

J

10. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    The difference being both of those shows introduced the antagonist for the second season, where it seemed to bring the show in a compeltely new direction than it had been going originally.