Superman & Lois: S1E4 (3/16/21)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by HarleyRandom, Mar 17, 2021.

1. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015

Advertisements

I'm still enjoying it.

Clark is having a hard time right now. I can't believe this would happen, but I've never seen a version where it did. He'll avoid saving whoever is being harmed by the latest major threat to make sure his boys have him around when he is needed.

Lois is finally successful in running a real investigative story in that tiny paper, and then Edge goes after the paper.

Oh, good, metahumans. We have those on "The Flash" but they're usually connected with the StarLabs incident.

I liked the music where Edge and Lana talked. As you might expect, I didn't like the music where the kids were or when Lana and Lois were drinking.

ufo4sale likes this.
  2. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I was wondering if they were going to address the issue of Superman spending less time in Metropolis.
    While someone like the Parasite might not pick up on it, a Luthor or a Killgrave would pick up on it pretty quick.

I wonder if they'll drop it or address it more down the road.

Maybe they can get someone else to help out in Metropolis.

3. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    I don't understand why the sound affected Superman and not the prisoner or anyone else. Somehow, though, Superman overcame that and did what he needed to do. And he could also hear the message from his sons.

Of course, General Lane isn't very understanding about Superman not doing what is needed.

I find it curious Lana can tell Clark is more poised and confident. Except for Tom Welling, Clark is supposed to be clumsy and awkward. I hadn't noticed that Tyler was not.

4. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Apparently this version of Superman has no qualms about injuring and knocking out a bunch of innocent bystanders. Though they just stood around chatting during the "battle" so I guess it was their own fault.

5. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB

Advertisements

I'd say he had qualms, but once the boys called for his help, he did what he had to do to finish the fight in Metropolis.

6. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    That is true. He seemed helpless but when the boys needed him, all of a sudden he found his strength.

7. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Like I said, he decided to knock out a bunch of civilians at that point. Most of them were just standing around talking like they were oblivious to what was happening. So much so that I thought maybe they were filmed separately and added in as a green screen background.

8. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    I never understood why those other people didn't seem to be affected or even react to all that was going on.

9. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I like that Superman can be Superman, and people generally like him.
    And using his powers and in the fights, it feels grounded/real to me like there's some weight behind it.

I'm a little undecided on the dreary/gritty look, where I personally like a more colorful/upbeat tone for Superman.
    That is more like Christopher Reeve, less like Man of Steel.
    Though I don't really like the glossy look of the other Arrowverse shows.

10. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I wonder how much of that is company edict and how much of that is simply because they shoot in Vancouver?
    (Which isn't as "bright and sunny" as other places, in terms of weather and natural light.)

11. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I'm pretty sure it's by choice in production design.
    They could bend it to whatever they want in color timing, and they're choosing this look.
    I think Flash and Supergirl also shoot in Vancouver, and they have more saturated colors.
    Though there, there's something about the design of the headquarters I don't like,
    like they go a little too far with it. Not quite sure how to describe it other than "glossy".
    (This is all just my personal preference, obviously.)

12. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, but I've watched my fair share of Vancouver shot productions and it's not just the DC shows.
    (Have you ever seen how they process that one area of British Columbia that they try to use for Southwestern Desert?)

Although I agree that the color palette on this show leans more towards the "Snyder Palette" and less towards the "Donner Palette".