Superman & Lois: S1E2 (3/2/21)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by HarleyRandom, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Mar 3, 2021 #1 of 16
    HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015

Advertisements

Do we want a new thread for each episode or can be start a season thread?

After I was informed my post was misplaced I moved it here.

The title of the thread will have to change anyway because I typed S2 instead of S1.

So here's where we stand.

"Captain Luthor" is a Black man who came from a planet destroyed by Superman, and he wants revenge.

He served with General Lane in combat at a time when a man who appeared to be Superman was attacking the troops.

In the universe where we have seen Tyler's Superman, "Lex Luthor" is a goofball played by Jon Cryer.

I thought Lois had been fired, but apparently not, and Morgan Edge did a terrible thing to her. I was pleased with what she did as a result. I just knew she would somehow end up working for the Smallville newspaper. I live near a town a lot like Smallville, except maybe larger and surrounded by more populated communities, though there are some farms. And I guarantee it has more than one person working there.

I'm curious as to what Clark is doing for money because even if he planted crops now, they would take a while to grow.

So now we know where Jordan got his name. I feel bad for him now that the AI Jor-El has evaluated him. Jonathan Jr., on the other hand, is not getting the respect he deserves or even the chance to prove himself as a football player.

Kyle's behavior toward Edge reminds me of blue collar workers and a certain real estate developer with orange hair who also made big promises.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  2. Mar 3, 2021 #2 of 16
    vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Second episode was really weak and annoying, I had hope for this show but I can only stomach so much of whiney teenager plot lines.

3. Mar 3, 2021 #3 of 16
    mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    The AI in the fortress was a ******. Then again, he is an AI. I was a heavy comic reader (DC Only!) back when Morgan Edge took over. (Boy I wish I had glommed onto those "Uncanny Xmen comics) Anyway I am watching and waiting. Waiting for the inevitable 12 trans characters...this is the CW after all. Not a bad thing its just that superheroes are a subset of the population as are trans folks. you wouldnt think 50% of a cast would fall into that category like on Supergirl. Melissa Benoist is so wonderful.

4. Mar 3, 2021 #4 of 16
    Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    How does Clark get money? He has rich friends named Bruce and Oliver. Or he just puts the squeeze on some pieces of coal.

Craigbob likes this.
  5. Mar 3, 2021 #5 of 16
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

And if Lois is the world-class, Pulitzer-winning journalist she is in the comics, then she's probably managed to squirrel away a fair amount over the years...book deals and such.

Plus they'll probably make enough on selling the Metropolis townhouse to cause some tax headaches... :D

6. Mar 4, 2021 #6 of 16
    getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    Some thoughts I had watching the second episode...

For someone who has a super-jealous boyfriend, Lana's daughter sure doesn't spend much time with him.

The editing in the scene at the barbecue confused me. It went from seemingly the middle of the afternoon in Kansas to pitch black at the "Department of Defense", which is presumably near Washington. It was like there was a scene (and at least a couple hours) missing.

Oddly, in Luthor's reality, Superman is a heartless killer. Yet, in order to save himself during their fight, Luthor banked on Superman choosing to save the city rather than finishing off Luthor.

Presumably, they didn't wrap up the whole mystery around Jordan's powers in the second episode of the series, so I assume there will be more twists. If Jordan's powers aren't something that's always available, maybe Jonathan has powers too and they just didn't manifest at the same time as Jordan.

I also doubt it's a coincidence that Jordan's powers only appeared at time when both the brothers were in danger. My guess is that Jonathan somehow plays a role in activating or amplifying his powers. I predict that at some point, Clark will need to take both the boys to the Fortress and that's when the Jor-El AI will notice that Jordan's power readings are near Clark's levels.

justen_m and stellie93 like this.
  7. Mar 4, 2021 #7 of 16
    realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Wonder Twin powers, activate!

jasrub likes this.
  8. Mar 4, 2021 #8 of 16
    smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    I think there were a brother and sister character on Heroes in the later seasons that did that as well.

-smak-

9. Mar 4, 2021 #9 of 16
    justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    There was a brother and sister character on the even more recent The Gifted, on FOX. Sort of like junior X-Men. The sister was played by Natalie Alyn Lind, and their parents were played by Stephen Moyer and Amy Acker. Show was cancelled after two seasons. I liked it. Great cast. If it wasn't Marvel, vs DC, it would be a good fit for the CW.

ufo4sale likes this.
  10. spear

spear Member

Oct 11, 2006
    Luthor expects this Superman to turn evil, so maybe the one in his reality was originally good as well.

11. hapster85

hapster85 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    I think a single season thread would be better an episodic one.

12. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    That usually depends on how “popular” a show is. I figured since this was the first season it would make more sense to create one thread per episode. Season threads also tend to get less traffic if people aren’t caught up.

13. hapster85

hapster85 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    I get that. Makes sense. My opinion was mostly driven by being lazy and not wanting to hunt for a new thread every week. Lol

14. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    “Gods Among Us” universe?

Rob Helmerichs likes this.
  15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm surprised how much I enjoyed the comics based on that game...

16. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Me too. While it turns the universe on its head, the story telling is solid and could fit into the regular world without being too odd (cough, Future State).