Supergirl "Homecoming" 2/27/2017

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Feb 28, 2017.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...

Advertisements

You know something is terribly wrong when idiot Mon-El is the voice of reason.

The DEO should be immediately dismantled because it's three most important members are seriously stupid. Jeremiah was a prisoner of their biggest enemy for 15 years. Cadmus is evil and experiments on humans. Who knows what Cadmus did to him in all that time and these knuckleheads don't examine him physically or psychologically. They didn't even give the man a band-aid. I two minute medical exam would have exposed his mechanical arm. The man hacks into the DEO mainframe and these doofuses believe his cockamamie story about looking for case files on his daughters' missions. Winn is supposed to be a computer super genius but misses that Jeremiah stole the alien registry. And the DEO brain trust is like "Welcome back. Here's your security card."

There has to be some currently unrevealed reason for Winn's new alien girlfriend. I'm guessing she's evil.

I officially hate Alex after this episode. Hate her.

2. Ereth

Ereth Unemployed Bum

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    Yeah, that "the damage to your hand is very extensive" bit seems very odd given they clearly didn't even do an X-ray!

3. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    I'm guessing she's going to be representative of all the "normal" (non-superpowered) aliens who get caught up in whatever results from Cadmus's actions -- that is, it makes it more personal for the viewer if it has an effect on someone they "know."

4. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    I was surprised that only Hank, (or whoever that is now), and Lilly Luthor came to pick up Jeremiah. Made all the more apparent by how they backlit the entire forrest behind them. Are they low on henchpersons?
    And only 2 people from DEO? Okay, one of them was SG, but they usually take several SUVs full of SWAT teams for a cat in a tree call.
    So, the bad guys scurry off into a well-lit night. Good plan.

I wonder if Mono and Kara's . . canoodling woke up the neighbors? Or broke any windows?

5. Mar 1, 2017 #5 of 12
    Michael S

Michael S Member

Jan 12, 2004

Advertisements

Did someone kidnap Jimmy Olson? Kind of odd that he hasn't been in the last 2 episodes.

6. Mar 1, 2017 #6 of 12
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It was kind of funny how Mrs. Danvers made it clear to Jeremiah that even though he'd just been freed after 15 years of captivity, he wasn't getting any that night.

7. Mar 1, 2017 #7 of 12
    jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    What is Mon-El's big secret that Jeremiah talked about?

8. Mar 1, 2017 #8 of 12
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Maybe that he's the prince?

9. Mar 1, 2017 #9 of 12
    RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Haven't they already discussed that with all the principals? I seem to remember several people dissing him for that early on.

10. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I recall something about them going to another planet? And they saw Mon-El and laid down their weapons and let them leave?

I think.

I dunno. I don't always remember this stuff.. and I don't read comics so don't know the real story

11. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    You are correct, sir. Oops.
    "Supergirl Lives." I had almost forgotten, but that's the ep where I was laughing about the "sun grenade." (Apparently, its canon). The Super friends were rescuing some Earth kids, who were set for slavery. During the escape, one of the minion aliens drew down on Mon-El, but the big alien in charge nixed that and even bowed to Mon.
    I think I might have speculated in that ep's thread about Mon-man being a previous slave owner, or something similar.
    That's probably his big secret.

12. Fahtrim

Fahtrim Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Missouri
    Maybe he realized how terrible this show is and he got so embarrassed he ran to charm city? (snark off :) )

reddice likes this.