Sunny in Philly 10/28 Who got Dee pregnant?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeMar, Oct 29, 2010.

1. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...

Advertisements

Great episode. Loved the flashbacks changing every time.
    And Dee becoming MORE and MORE of a bird each time w/ the feathers and finally an ostrich :)

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    I had to hit pause for at least a minute when they showed the ostrich in the bathroom. Hilarious. I think the father may be the guy she slept with a few episodes ago. I was hoping it was a McPoyle, but that seems unlikely now.

3. billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005
    I was dieing laughing when they had the ostrich in the bathroom also, At times these multiple flashbacks to the same scene can get old fast. However Sunny nailed it.

4. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Loved the combo of the waitress's boyfriend getting bigger and bigger. And then at the end saying it wasn't even her :)

5. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA

Advertisements

best episode in a while, i couldn't stop laughing. the real ostrich toward the end had me howling...

6. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    So did Dennis bang Dee? Not saying he has to be the father.
    When they first started discussing their brown outs Dennis said he banged the girl in the peacock outfit. Then the story later explained that Dee (in peacock costume) grabbed the person in the Phantom of the Opera outfit (who was Dennis) and went to the back office for presumed love making.

7. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    +1 on the ostrich gag ... hilarious!

Fantastic episode all around. But how long ago was the Halloween party? I guess this takes place a bit in the future since Dee is noticeably (?) pregnant and they kept saying "the last Halloween party."

Viggo Mortenstein!

8. billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005

There were Christmas lights up in the bar, so I guess a couple of months.

9. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    This episode got slowly more and more funny, climaxing when mac's "throwback brown memory" took hold. LOL. Kaitlan Olsen is the most beautiful woman on earth. Is she pregnant in real life?

10. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    You're kidding....right? :eek:

If not, I guess to each his own....

11. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Yes she was, she just had the baby like a month ago. She is married to the guy who plays Mac on the show.

12. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Ah, that explains this particular storyline then ... judging by the titles in the upcoming episode guide it would appear to continue on for the rest of the season.

13. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
  14. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Holy crap that was funny. I lost it.

15. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    So did I... Unfortunately I took a huge swig of Pepsi right as it happened. I didn't spit it out but definitely went up my nose. That was probably the funniest sight gag they've done in a long time, possibly ever.

This season has been "meh" for me, so this episode was easily the best one so far. They did a great job nailing the subtle differences between each version without being overt about it (Dee slowly evolving into an actual bird, the waitress' boyfriend getting bigger and bigger, etc). I also laughed when in the "truth" version, instead of saying "That was insanely masculine" she's saying "I'm insanely high on mescaline" haha.

I figured before the episode started that it would end up not actually being on of the four guys, but I also thought the show just might be wrong enough to make Dennis the father. Glad the first choice was right. I then thought it was gonna be the McPoyles (who were mad funny this time around), or Rickety Cricket. It will probably end up being Bill Ponderosa.

As a side note, the guys made it sound like Dee had already announced that she was pregnant a while ago, they just don't pay attention...has she mentioned it on the show? I thought the show was "shooting around it" but from the very first episode she was clearly pregnant, they just never addressed it. If they were trying to shoot around it, they did a terrible job.

16. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    I was hoping for a McPoyle. Now hoping for Cricket. Didn't like Ponderosa or his sister. i thought they slowed those two episodes to a crawl.

No, they have not mentioned the pregnancy before on the show although this episode they did say that Dee had said it before (I guess just not on camera...lol). I was half expecting them to film the season and never mention that Dee was pregnant. Just film as usual and have it as a joke that they are ignoring it. Not surprised that they did not spend a lot of time trying to cover it up well.

17. Swirl_Junkie

Swirl_Junkie New Member

Mar 11, 2001
    Philly, PA
    I'm voting for Cricket as well.

18. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    This might be the funniest episode that I've seen so far. The boat thing was a close second though, with the dancing thing. But this one made me laugh my azz off. Absolutely loved the story recreations of events and changes to Dee.

And then the end was priceless. What a bunch of wankers. Oops, wrong series. :D

19. stiffi

stiffi New Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Charm City
    Just watched this episode (I'm a little behind). First time I laughed out loud this season. The ostrich was great. I always have a soft spot for Artemis too. Every moment of screen time for her is just gold, way back to the episode where Dee was looking for Sex and the City girls to hang out with.

Also, Kaitlin Olsen is pretty. She's not a classic beauty by any stretch, but definitely attractive. Also, "The Waitress" is really attractive. Saw her at a cafe a few months ago, and didn't say anything because 1. I couldn't remember her real name, and 2. Because she looked much more beautiful in person. I thought it couldn't possibly be the same girl.

I later confirmed the sighting when a friend of mine told me he was hanging out with her that night. Apparently a family member was good friends with Charlie and Her (also, they are married in real life).

20. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    So who added Dumpster Hump to their Bucket List.....*crickets* :)

How many months along was Kaitlin at time of this shoot? She looked like 4-5 months in the angel costume which made me laugh.