Suggestions: why don't they record more often?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by newsposter, Sep 29, 2007.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    I use them as a space indicator. My stock tivo 3.1 seems to very regularly and timely update itself recording suggestions when i have watched stuff and have free space. However my 6.3e 2 drive machine hasn't recorded a suggestion in over a day now and there's definitely space. (this lack of recording is a very regular event) So this means i think i have less space then i do of course. Yes we keep both tivos full now with the new season upon us.

Today i checked. There are 4 suggestions under the pick programs option so does that mean those will record, absent conflicts? And why doesnt tivo record all the stuff i have 3 thumbed up? A long time ago I literally went thru the weekend shows (and of course many other series during the week) and 3 thumbed a huge amount of them. For example, right now if you go to guide and scroll down through the channels, i have no less than 20 shows that are 3 thumbs and yet no red light is on and nothing being recorded.

I can only assume that 6.x handles suggestions differently than 3.1?

My last clear/delete SP/wl etc was months ago so that shouldnt be the issue.

2. Tonedeaf

Tonedeaf New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Rockwall, TX
    That does seem weird. I hardly have any TH UP/ or DN for that matter and my red light is on quite often.

3. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    what version software?

4. Tonedeaf

Tonedeaf New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Rockwall, TX
    I am on 6.3d