Suggestion warnings don't clear

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by morac, Jul 23, 2007.

1. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    I've seen this occur a lot and I'm nearly positive it has to do with having 2 TiVos in one room. I'll be watching one TiVo and switch over to the other one and I'll see a "Can I change channels" banner on the other TiVo. What's wrong with this is that the TiVo already changed the channel (I've seen it 15 minutes after the channel change). Pressing "okay" clears the banner without any ill affects.

What appears to be happening is that the 2nd TiVo puts up the warning, but using the 1st TiVo (since both TiVos see remote presses) causes the warning banner not to close itself when the channel changes.

This is similar to the issue where using the remote for one TiVo will cause the 2nd TiVo to not time out of the menus (it treats using the 1st TiVo as activity on the 2nd TiVo).

It's not harmful, but it is confusing and should probably be fixed.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    You have set each TiVo to its own remote address, right?

3. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Yes they each have their own remote address.

The issue here is that even though they have separate addresses, the TiVo's will still listen for remote presses on other addresses. This is easily demonstrated because both TiVo's remote activity light flashes when the remote is pressed, even though only one TiVo actually performs the action.

4. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    I have 3 Tivo DVRs running on my main TV and have never seen this issue. Each does have its own remote adress set.