Suggestion-channel delete

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by BTDFXD, Jul 17, 2020.

1. BTDFXD

BTDFXD Member

Oct 31, 2007

Advertisements

Would be nice if you could delete a channel while scrolling through live tv instead of having to go to settings, channels, etc. when scrolling through live tv, if you came across a channel you don’t get or want, you could push a button and it would be removed

Noelmel likes this.
  2. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    I “think” you can by highlighting the channel box w # and icon on the guide and hit thumbs down or up. That may just be for favorites and not the actual channel list tho. I always only view my guide on favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BTDFXD

BTDFXD Member

Oct 31, 2007
    What I am hoping for is the ability to delete while scrolling through live tv. Sometimes the guide info doesn’t specify channel content or language or if I get it. I'd like the ability to remove blank channel, any home shopping, foreign language, etc with the push of a button

Noelmel likes this.
  4. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Seattle
    Not really what you are wanting but on TE4 you can delete a channel from the list by selecting info > channel options > remove from channel list
    This is after tuning to that channel.
    I use it sometimes to remove a channel I do not receive or want but is in the list.

Noelmel likes this.
  5. BTDFXD

BTDFXD Member

Oct 31, 2007

Advertisements

Thanks for that info and you are correct that is not what I’m wanting. If I am scrolling through live tv and come across a channel in Mandarin Chinese (or any other of the 12,000 languages I neither speak nor understand) I would like to be able to push one button and have it removed-pretty much the same thing you can do when setting up a new tv.

Noelmel likes this.
  6. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    You can do this using the mini guide. See images.

Attached Files:

Captain Joy likes this.