Suddenly No Video after Splash Screen

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by sking1001, May 2, 2008.

1. sking1001

sking1001 New Member

Nov 20, 2006

Advertisements

I have series 2 (HDVR2) that suddenly quit giving me video.

This is a series 2 SD DirecTivo unit, HDVR2.

I get the splash screen (hacked), but after that, I just get snow. This occurs using both RF and composite video outputs.

I am able to Telnet into it with no problem, so I'm thinking it's just a video issue...but why would it be able to display the splash screen, but not DirecTV Central? Could it be some problem with the video mode changing?

I suspect I need to replace the chasis and have a friend willing to trade me his HDVR2 chasis for an HR10-250 chasis that I have, but thought I would post here first to see if anyone has any other ideas.

I know, why not just use the HR10-250? It would be easier just to put my hard drive from the HDVR2 into another unit, rather than changing to the HR10-250. This is an SD television, and the composite video inputs are broken...I can only use RF. I would have to buy a modulator and would lose the recordings on the SD unit's hard drive.

Any ideas...anyone?

tia,
    sking

2. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    I think it could be in Standby.

3. sking1001

sking1001 New Member

Nov 20, 2006
    Thanks for the response, classicat.

That is a great idea...when I get home, I'll try to hit the standby button on the front.

...maybe it just remembered that state or something...definitely worth a shot.

I hope it is that simple.

Thanks again.

4. sking1001

sking1001 New Member

Nov 20, 2006
    Classicat, you are very smart in your observation...thank you so much.

I feel pretty dumb now...I went home and pressed the Standby button and voila...it works!

I don't know why it came up in Standby, but thanks again so very much!

5. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.

Advertisements

You are very welcome.