Suddenlink: Pairing a Cablecard Has Failed with 3 Different Cards

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Tolstoy88155, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Tolstoy88155

Tolstoy88155 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Several months ago we moved to a new house about 2 miles from our old house. Suddenlink transferred service from the old address to the new. My Premiere and Roamio made the move just fine. The Bolt started having problems about a week later. At first it was picture quality (pixelation and ghosting) and then it started dropping channels. Then it was unable to tune any channels at all. I moved it to one of the bedrooms until I was ready to do battle with it. Several months later I exchanged the Cablecard at the Suddenlink office. When I was unable to get it to pair, I had a tech out who was also unable to get it to pair. He told me to go to the Suddenlink office and get Two cards, "Maybe one will work." I just spent 3 hours on the phone and was still unable to get either one to work. The tech told me that they were unable to add them because the card were not in Suddenlink's inventory.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get Suddenlink to get their Cablecards to work? Is there some kind of secret handshake or magic incantation that I need to do?

2. Mover480

Mover480 Member

Jan 14, 2006
    It took me 4 cards from Suddenlink to get one to work. Go get some more cards. BTW, the ones with newer serial numbers were the ones that didn't work.

3. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    The answer is almost never a real "bad card" they almost never go "bad" it's just the term they use when they have provisioning issues inside their system or don't know how to provision them properly or they're not in their system properly.

jrtroo, JoeKustra and dlfl like this.
  4. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Submit a request – FCC Complaints

jrtroo likes this.
  5. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    In general I agree with this. This particular case however seems to suggest the fault may be particular to the Bolt. I get the (admittedly casual) impression from this forum that Bolts have far more than their share of problems.

6. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I know where're you seeing that, but I believe it's a combination of more new installs with Bolts and CableCARD support at the providers being more inept than the past