SuddenLink Cable Card paied yet not activated

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by kennyz79, Feb 19, 2015.

1. kennyz79

kennyz79 New Member

May 10, 2012

Advertisements

I have a question. I have SuddenLink in Bastrop, LA. I have 2 Cablecards and a Tivo Roamio and a Tivo Premier 4. When I first got it for my 4 I called and paired it and Nothing! It was paired, but wouldn't work.
    At Christmas I got the Roamio, went to pickup a cable card and same thing. It is saying it is paired, yet not activated. I swapped out the cable card to the Roamio and paired it and the Roamio is working, but I still can not get the Premier working.
    Has anyone else had this issue? Suddenlink thinks I'm crazy. Last time the guy came out and called the same info to pair it and it started working. I was wondering if it was on the techs end and not the offices end, etc.
    Kenny
    Kennyz79@gmal.com

2. Islanti

Islanti Member

Dec 13, 2001
    Georgetown, TX
    I went through a few bad cablecards with Suddenlink in Georgetown, TX with my 3 TiVos. Don't be afraid to exchange your problematic one for a different cablecard.

3. Suddenlink Help

Suddenlink Help New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Hi Kenny – My name’s Kacie, and I’m with Suddenlink. I’d be happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to email me directly at socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you, -Kacie

4. WVZR1

WVZR1 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    This will be interesting maybe to follow - "SuddenLink Cares" it's good to see maybe a responsible post by a probable employee that can help.

OP - let us know.

5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005

Advertisements

^ +1.

6. tds4182

tds4182 Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Kingwood, Tx

SuddenLink's customer support has gotten a LOT better in the last couple of years! Way better than most CCs.:up:

7. jjd_87

jjd_87 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    WV
    Unfortunately their actual service has gotten worse. Dropping channels and increasing rates.

8. tds4182

tds4182 Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Kingwood, Tx
    Unfortunately, that same statement would be true for almost all the CCs and Satellite companies out there.:(