1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suddenlink & 2 way Cablecard

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Gary-B, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Gary-B

Gary-B Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Texas
    Several weeks ago I lost several channels from my Romio and Bolt. After numerous visits by Suddenlink I'm told that I need 2 way cablecards instead of the 1 way card. The tech said they changed there equipment and all cablecards are required to be 2 way. Are they blowing smoke again?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The smoke is very thick. I understand the cards are two-way, but they are not used that way. I could be wrong.

https://support.tivo.com/articles/Troubleshooting/CableCARD-Troubleshooting#momorolo

It is possible they changed your headend. In that case you will need to have the card paired, and possibly a supervisor will need to change the VCTID.

3. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    I think they are blowing smoke, as I believe most all cable cards being used are potentially 2 way, which was purposely blocked by the ISP's. While it is possible that they are moving to IPTV, this will not work with any cable cards, period. The most likely thing is that there was some type of account change for the channels involved or they are now using switched digital video (SDV) on a few channels and you would now need a Tuning Adapter to get those channels to come in.
    The average CSR has virtually no tech skills or knowledge, but will happily repeat anything they heard of which baffles the average customer and most importantly gets them off the line.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  5. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    If cable cards were 2 way, we wouldn't need tuning adapters.