Successful Pioneer DVR-810HS Upgrade

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by jtreid, Jan 19, 2006.

1. jtreid

jtreid Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Reading, PA

Advertisements

First, I have to thank Stan for the image.
    Second, thanks to WeaKnees and PTVupgrage for all the great tools and information.

I tried (in vane) to just use my current 80GB drive using the mfstools to no avail.

I got the image from Stan, did a mfsrestore (with the -s 127) and things went smooth. I cleared and deleted everthing, went through the guided setup and I now have a 380hr Tivo using a 320GB WD3200SB.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Thanks all.

2. Tracy RainH2o

Tracy RainH2o Photo Man

Nov 17, 2005
    Georgia
    Now buy another one and do it all over again. Tivos are addictive.

3. jtreid

jtreid Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Reading, PA
    Hee-Hee. I just bought three more from the guy on ebay for $179 per. A Tivo in every room. The monthly is going to kill me, but I just can't watch TV anymore without being able to say, "What'd he say?" and backing it up. I heart Tivo.

Another thing. I forced the connection to Tivo and now it is a 422 hour Tivo. Wow! I didn't realize that somewhere in the updates, they figured a way to get more stuff on the disk.

I now have 72 hours @ extreme, 138 at best, 231 at medium and 422 at basic. Man! This just keeps gettin' better.

Another thing. The image I restored was a 5.2 vintage. The update was, of couse, the latest 7.2 image. They really did some improvements on the picture quality since then. I remember when I first got this unit less than a couple years ago, I was very VERY disappointed in the PQ. But Pioneer came through and fixed it. It is immaculate now.

My pop bought his second Tivo this past Xmas (Humax with a DVD burner). He connected it to his new 42" HD Panny plasma and I was shocked at how bad the PQ was. I'm hoping it gets better. I couldn't tolerate that quality.

Tivo rocks!!!!!

4. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    Sweet... you made me jealous!@!!