Subfolders for video

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Deming, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Deming

Deming New Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Austin, TX

Advertisements

For my music, I have an audio folder and subfolders for types such as music, comedy, books on CD, etc. When I point Tivo towards the audio folder, it sees all the subfolders and I can navigate to any one of them. :up:

I tried the same thing with video. I made a video folder and subfolders for movies and various TV series we want to capture (like Jeremy Brett's "Sherlock Holmes"). I created a subfolder ("Sort") where downloaded recordings will reside until I can either place them in an appropriate folder or delete them. When I point Tivo to the video folder, it only seems files within that folder, not the subfolders. :confused:

Is there some way I can make Tivo see the Video subfolders? It seems odd that the video options don't act this way since people will naturally want to classify their recordings....

Deming

2. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Use galleon to serve the video.

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    What version of TiVo Desktop are you using? I think 2.4 introduced support for sub-folders (up to two sub-folders deep, IIRC).

4. BreCalmor

BreCalmor New Member

Dec 28, 2002
    Chesapeake, VA
    Well, I just upgraded to 2.4a and... no folders... I like the short-cut option, but that just makes the list longer...

I also can't get Galleon to work right... sigh, looks like I have to page down through hundreds of recordings still... you would think in this day and age...

5. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL

Advertisements

Sorry I wasn't clear (and I misunderstood).

TD 2.4 "sees" the subfolders, but just displays all recordings in one list, not in the subfolders that they are located in.

Galleon does show the folders though ... what kind of problems are you having?

6. BreCalmor

BreCalmor New Member

Dec 28, 2002
    Chesapeake, VA
    Well, I did figure out the new feature of 2.4, which in a simple way helps, because I can use shortcuts to link to tivo files I have in a few places(storage limitations). And, as long as I don't exceed 2 subfolders, it works fine; however, it is REAL difficult to browse through a few hundred recordings... so, that is my problem...

I installed Galleon, but it really doesn't work well... I see the local tivo files, but the subfolders just send you back to the previous folder and don't display the tivo files there. Once I am in Galleon ToGo, I have to use the TiVo button to get out, the left button doesn't work...

The shortcuts are there but don't work at all...

Maybe this was covered somewhere else, but I have been looking around for awhile and didn't see anything to answer these questions. It seems like others have gotten Galleon to work, but so far my attempt has been a bust.

Thanks !!

Edit- Doesn't matter now, I must have screwed something up because Galleon isn't showing up on the Now Playing List... damn

7. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I haven't actually used the TTCB feature of Galleon in quite a while since I use pyTivo and TiVo.Net. It sounds like it's having the same problem as other third-party applications with the 8.3 TiVo software, which broke sub-folders.

I am having no problems with the left button in the ToGo app, so I'm not sure what your problem is there (I'm running Galleon on Linux, though).

Since Galleon is supposed to support physical subfolders, I don't think it handles shortcuts at all.

As for it disappearing from your NPL altogether, try restarting Galleon or your TiVo and see if that helps.