Stummped! Have done the searches

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Andru1313, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Andru1313

Andru1313 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Philadelphia...
    OK just got a new Sony Grand WEGA HDTV. I have my Series 2 DVR. I just swapped out my old cable box for a new one. It is the Motorola. I forget the model number. Ok so here is my problem. I have done a ton of searches.

The problem I am having is this. I have the HDMI cable going from the Cable box into the TV. I have the Tivo hooked up correctly. I also have the sound going through my A/V reciever. Now when I switch to HD on my Video 6 I get an awesome HD picture. I turn up the sound and BANG... I am on a delay. So it seems that the audio is running through the TIVO. I am stumped.

If anyone has any suggestions PLEASE let me know.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Is the audio from your cable box connected to the TV or the AV Receiver? Are you using digital or analog audio connection? It's possible that the audio delay is actually caused by the AV Receiver. Can you provide more details on your exact audio and video connections?

3. Andru1313

Andru1313 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Philadelphia...
    It is an older reciever. It's a Yamaha about 7 years old. So I have the sound comingn from the cable box going into the revciever. I am using analog cables. Don't think my reciever is able to support digital.

Can I split the sound coming out of the cable box? use a Y splitter?

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Yes, you can split the analog audio coming out of the cable box with a Y-splitter. Does the delay still happen if you simply connect both audio and video outputs directly to the TV?

5. Andru1313

Andru1313 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Philadelphia...

Yes I belive so. I have been at it for 2 days now so everythign is a blurrr. I am about to go out and just buy a new reciever. I hate to spend the money becuase the one I have really serves it purpose.

6. mball88

mball88 New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Some receivers have a "lip-synch" feature that allows you to delay the sound so that it matches up with the picture. I'd see if your receiver has a feature like that.