Studdering

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ms21117, Sep 18, 2007.

1. ms21117

ms21117 New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    I have a TIVO series 1 w/ lifetime service...it is studdering or halting on most of my playbacks...any way of fixing this???? Thanks!!

2. robomeister

robomeister DVD TiVo Expert

Feb 4, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    Yep, you need to replace the hard drive in the TiVo. You are experiencing the early stages of a hard drive failure. Check out the Upgrade forum here for more help.

Also, check out the following link. www.mfslive.org This site contains the most up to date tools for upgrading and refurbishing your ailing TiVo.

Good luck,
    robomeister

3. ms21117

ms21117 New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Thannks a lot - I was afraid of that...how hard is it to "burn" a new hard drive if I buy one off the shelf..I see that DVRUpgrade sells some already "burned"...I am fairly computer literate..not sure how the cd image i need to put on the new TIVO drive gets there...I have installed a replacement modum connected to the serial port and set some setting there?? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

4. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    If you're at all tentative about this, you can buy pre-imaged drives specifically for your model from weaknees.com. For a newbie it's the easiest way to go.