Stuck in Account & System Information screen (TiVo or Live TV buttons exit)

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by L David Matheny, Jun 8, 2011.

1. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    I switched my Premiere to the HDUI a couple of days ago just to see if it has improved. It's sluggish but usable IMHO, but I'm still going back. I haven't had any lockups or reboots, except this one. (Could this be related to the Stops Responding to Remote Commands problem somehow?)

If I enter DVR Diagnostics, then back out with the < key (left arrow) when I'm finished, I can't navigate out of the Account & System Information screen. (The yellow LED does flash.) The up and down keys work, but the left and right keys do nothing. The "<" normally shown is missing, indicating that TiVo knows it can't do that, but the ">" stills shows, yet I can't navigate back into DVR Diagnostics either. In fact I can't navigate into System Information, Media Access Key, etc. Waiting several minutes doesn't help. Using the TiVo key gets me back to TiVo Central, so the Premiere isn't really locked up. This anomaly does not occur with the SDUI. FWIW, I'm OTA only.

OK, I left it stuck, and after a while it exited to live TV automatically. The Live TV button also will exit, but when I use the < key to go back to the Account & System Information screen, the left and right keys still don't work there. Exiting with the TiVo key fixes the condition.

2. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    Have you tried the Select key to get back into one of the menu options in place of the right arrow? I'm not sure if there would be much difference.

3. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    I just tried the Select button, and it doesn't work either. But I did just notice something that I missed earlier:

From the HDUI TiVo Central, I select Settings & Messages, then use the > key to move over to the Settings & Messages window. Then I select Account & System Info and use > again to enter the Account & System Information screen (SD). At that point I can still use < to go back to the HDUI screen, but if I select DVR Diagnostics and use > again, the problem occurs. From the Diagnostics screen I can use < to go back to the Account & System Information screen, but when I then use < again, the Premiere redisplays the same Account & System Information screen (but missing the "<" at the left side), and I'm now stuck as I originally described until I go to live TV or ultimately to TiVo Central. The thing I missed earlier was that the same screen comes up twice. It appears that only the DVR Diagnostics choice prevents return (using the < key) to the HDUI.

4. Andrel

Andrel Member

Oct 19, 2000
    I have had this issue too since 14.8 on menus. I cannot get out without hitting the Tivo Button. I have these issues in HDUI AND SDUI menus. I even get stuck on Tivo central! It is a nuisance. At least I can get out!:)

5. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    I just got hit with this while investigating a reply I made in another thread.

ETA: I allowed the Premiere to timeout to LiveTV. Using the left arrow to return to the previous menu did NOT restore navigation to child or parent menus of Account & System Information.