Stuck at 89% loading channels- Cox OC

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by rolandkrc, Dec 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. rolandkrc

rolandkrc New Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Cox cable orange county- looks like there are others here that are having the exact same issue. Getting very tired of the finger pointing back and forth. We've gone through numerous cable cards, tuning adapters, two Bolts and now a Roamio, at least 5 techs with probably over 40 hours of time at our house and probably double that amount of time spent on the phone between Tivo and Cox support. Last Cox tech said that the issue was isolated to the Bolt and to get a Roamio and they could get that going. Ordered the Roamio and the same exact issue persists. This is beyond frustrating. Of note, someone I know with a Tivo Roamio that is working properly with cable card and TA also in OC brought their box and TA over to my house and it fired up instantly upon plugging in the coax. So that eliminated signal issues.

Anyone in Orange County been able to get this issue resolved?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Are you doing Guided Setup with both the cable card and the TA attached? You should only have the card installed and paired. You can do Guided Setup with only the coax attached and do the cable card later option.

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I was about to suggest the same thing (run Guided Setup without the CableCard installed and select install CableCard later option).

Scott

4. mmf01

mmf01 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Orange...
    What part of OC? Aliso Viejo node or Irvine?

COX OC Aliso Viejo recently went all digital (Irvine may have too) in November so I believe the TA is now required, otherwise you may run into issues, even possibly during setup. When I setup a new Roamio last month, I had the CC and TA installed at the same time and called to pair the unit. No issues, but do recall channel scan taking a little longer than the normal blip I've seen in the past.

Go to https://www.cox.com/resaccount/my-services.cox and verify the MAC ID on the right hand side of the screen matches what is on both the respective device. Check both the TA and CC.

Also, check to make sure the CC shows Val: V in Conditional Access. If it doesn't they'll need to pair the device. COX OC is now encrypting all channels, so if the card isn't authorized and paired properly, this may be why your having issues.

COX Cable Card Line: 1-877-820-8202

https://support.tivo.com/articles/T...ooting-Roamio-Series-and-Premiere-Series-DVRs

Hope this helps.

5. rolandkrc

rolandkrc New Member

Dec 26, 2015
    We are in Aliso Viejo. Thanks for the suggestions- we are trying again now. We had yet another tech out here this am (tried to cancel without coming out) and he said that Cox is aware of the problem and they have been instructed not to schedule support calls until they figure it out. Really, Cox?
    Tech was less than helpful, basically said we were the minority and that this was a waste of their time.

6. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    most cox areas are all digital already so they need cards

7. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2006
    phone, and ask to speak with Tier Two tech support for cable cards, specifically. There's actually a unit who does cable card problems, and every time I've been able to connect with them, they correctly pair, activate and make tivos work. I believe they're in Atlanta.
    And don't try to pair a tuning adapter that was previously paired with a different TiVo to the one you're trying to activate now: Cox csr's can't figure that scenario out, period.