Strongest Man In History

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cannonz, Jul 10, 2019.

1. cannonz

cannonz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  2. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I caught the first episode of this show. My old, fat, former 98 lb weakling self likes shows like this and World's Strongest Man..

3. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    As long as it doesn't end with, "The strongest man in history...is probably unknown to us, as he probably lived in a time and place when they didn't write things like this down and his name (if he even had one) and feats were lost over the centuries of verbal histories."

Besides, everybody knows it's...
    I believe he went by the name Jeshua ben-Joseph. He singlehandedly moved a stone that must have weighed hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds...and reportedly he did it while dead!

Okay, maybe he had some help from his "father"...

4. cannonz

Oct 22, 2011
    While technically not a strongman they should do tribute to Frank cannonball Richards.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  5. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    The four strong men on this show really fit well together. You can tell that they are really friends in real life. If not, then they're very good actors. At first, I thought "Where's Hafthor 'The Mountain'? " but who knows if he has a fun, engaging personality.

cannonz likes this.
  6. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Totally debatable... I'll leave it at that.

7. cannonz

Oct 22, 2011
    They do genuinely seem to like each other and having fun. Very good show, hopefully there are enough things and places to go to make decent amount of episodes.

8. cannonz

Oct 22, 2011
    The weightlifting fails in bumpers are amusing and scary too.

9. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I can't watch them. I know the people probably aren't seriously hurt but it looks like some of them get seriously jacked up. I ffwd through them.

Somebody always seems to get hurt or already be hurt in each episode.

It's kind of weird that some of the legendary strongmen they focus on are about 145 - 185 lbs.