Street Outlaws June-5-2017 (Discovery)

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Bwana, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Bwana

Bwana Member

Apr 10, 2016

Advertisements

Until yesterday, the guide showed "Street Outlaws - Episode 12 /Episode 13" on Discovery from 8-10pm and 10-12pm CST. Today both slots show "Discovery Channel Programming"

There is an Episode ("Under my Thumb") in the collection marked as season 9, episode 9, which would follow their (incorrectly numbered) season 9, episode 8 "Street Fightin' Man", however, it has a first aired date of May-22 which other bogus episodes in the collection share.

The Discovery Channel website shows an episode "Midnight Rambler" in those slots.

Hopefully Rovi can pull it together before customers are let down yet again.

2. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    That's only going to happen if you biatch at them about it.

3. Anotherpyr

Anotherpyr Active Member

May 6, 2015
    From the discovery channel website, the midnight rambler entry lacks a description.

Actually I'm so sick of Discovery re-airing episodes with 'bonus footage' that I may just stop watching all their shows.

4. Bwana

Bwana Member

Apr 10, 2016
    For what it's worth, I decided to turn on the Discovery Channel (TDCHD-E) knowing they'd be promoting any new episodes and sure enough:
    "The supersized season finale of Street Outlaws, Monday at 9..."
    Oddly, there's a graphic that says "2.5 hour special"
    Zap2it/Gracenote seem to have the correct new episode sloted from 8-10:30CST, just no subtitle or description.

I guess it's time to set a manual recording again.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  5. WRX09MD

WRX09MD Member

Aug 24, 2013

Advertisements

I can't stand those "enhanced episodes", so damn annoying. It seems they are doing it with every show. Tivo is always recording them too. I sometimes delete whole folders because I hate digging through everything.