Streaming Video Resolution Premiere to Premiere Video Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Sparky1234, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006

Advertisements

Does anyone know what video resolution Premieres stream to each other? Does the Premiere stream what is selected on the local box? Example: local Premier (streamed from) where show is recorded is set to 720P only and remote (streamed to) Premiere is set to 1080i only, how is the video processed?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The source TiVo has no effect on the resolution. I assume you are speaking of the recorded content. It will be displayed in the resolution you select on the destination. The Pass Through for streaming only counts for internet content and local recorded content. If the destination has all resolutions checked, you get what ever the recorded content has without change. There is no output processing for the local network access. Only the local TiVo does processing.

I think I've said "no" as many ways as possible. :)

3. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    Thanks for the quick response!

So for my clarity in my example 720P recorded content on local box will be displayed as 1080i on the remote streamed to box? And processing occurs only on the remote box to 10801?

4. tatergator1

tatergator1 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yes. Box to box streaming sends the natively recorded video stream only. Any changes to the output resolution occur at the destination box as the video is output to the TV.