Streaming stuck on a show unless I start playing on TV

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by martce, Mar 4, 2018.

1. martce

martce New Member

Aug 26, 2002

Advertisements

This issues occurs on both Tivo Series 4+mini stream AND Bolt+
    Unable to steam "Problem Streaming try again" MasterChef Jr (Shows aired March 2, 2018 and March 3, 2018 on FOX, TimeWarnerCable Spectrum, Cincinnati, OH).

Found a cumbersome work around, if I advance the show past its starting point playing it on a TV, instead of streaming, I can then stream the show

Bolt+ Software 21.7.2.RC14-USC-11
    Series 4 Stream STR2DAA Software 20.7.4.stream.RC2-01-6

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    What is the source of the stream? Is this from a one pass, or from the steaming app.

3. martce

martce New Member

Aug 26, 2002

4. martce

martce New Member

Aug 26, 2002
    I have a season pass to Masterchef Jr. The first 2 episodes of the season were recorded.
    They won’t stream to the iPhone or iPad Tivo app unless I start the episode by playing it on the TV

5. martce

martce New Member

Aug 26, 2002

Advertisements

On the iPad app the duration for the show at the end of the blue progress bar is 0min so it does not stream anything
    Once I start watching it on the TV, the app catches up to the location last paused and it plays on iPad

6. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Oh. I thought you meant an app.

I thought Time Warner was very restrictive in their settings. Is this in home? Have you rebooted everything to test that?

7. martce

martce New Member

Aug 26, 2002
    At home on the same WiFi network. I will try reboot next weekend and update status
    I did remove and reinstalled the Tivo app on iPhone and forced a tivo connect. It did not work. thanks

8. martce

martce New Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Rebooting did not improve
    It’s limited to Fox-both Masterchef Jr and previously the Orville failed to stream from the Tivo bolt onto the ios app (iPad iPhone) while on the same network - in home.

Next idea I have is to record a non HD channel or to repeat guided channel setup