Streaming OnePasses reset

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by realityboy, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Dec 7, 2015 #1 of 38
    realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    This morning, all of my OnePasses that included streaming content reset, and all of the previous watched shows returned to my Now Playing as if they were new. This is the first time that it's happened to me. Anyone else had this happen? It renders the functionality of the streaming OnePasses useless.

2. Dec 7, 2015 #2 of 38
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    TiVo is having some server problems this morning. Perhaps in a few hours things will be fixed. Or not: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=10724554#post10724554

3. Dec 7, 2015 #3 of 38
    realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Yep, it was impossible to make new OnePasses earlier, but now that's fixed.

I'll wait and see what happens, but it seems unlikely that they'll be able to remember which shows had been watched now that they've been reset.

4. Dec 7, 2015 #4 of 38
    moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Had the same issue yesterday. I actually ended up removing the OnePasses and restoring them again from backup (using kmttg) and that recovered folders in My Shows. One of them (Longmire) took several hours to populate a folder in My Shows while the others came back right away. Luckily the episodes I previously deleted from episode list were still deleted, so that data is not lost.
    Perhaps had I been patient and done nothing everything would have come back too... TiVo's OnePass implementation still has numerous issues that have not been addressed.

5. dfreybur

dfreybur Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    A week later and it's still a problem.

Before the software update of 7 Dec 2015 I was able to use One Pass Manager the way a Tivo should work - Delete episodes as I watch them and they either disappear from the list or they get grayed out.

Since the software update of 7 Dec 2015 (20.5.6 on my Romaio I think) it no longer keeps track of what episodes I deleted. It just shows every episode in the database of every show I have in my One Pass Manager.

What good is that? I now need a paper notebook listing episodes I've seen because I can't maintain knowledge of that on my Tivos any more.

6. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Which services? Amazon and Netflix keep track of what you've watched recently so you'll know you've just seeing Episode 3 of Daredevil, etc.

7. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    That only works once you enter the app. If you're using OnePasses in the Now Playing list, there is no way to tell which have been deleted since they immediately return.

8. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think it was the software update since I've yet to receive 20.5.6, but rather it was related to the TiVo server outages that day. It doesn't look like it was too widespread, but maybe others aren't using OnePasses to keep track of streaming shows? That seems like a major benefit of OnePasses to me, but I know plenty of users that do not take advantage of the ability and just use another device or enter the app.

For the lucky ones that ended up in this state of non deletion, I was able to solve the issue by going to Settings & Messages/Help/Restart or Reset/Clear Program Information & To Do List. This allowed me to once again delete streaming shows. Then I still had to check my Now Playing list against the Netflix app to see which shows needed to be deleted.

9. Bonanzaair

Bonanzaair New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    For me, I've only had one OnePass work ever and that was this week because I forgot that I had created the OnePass. I decided to give OnePass a chance to let me know when a new showing was available but for Thursday night shows, by Saturday the OnePass still hadn't updated.

Is that normal?

Bonanza

10. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Unfortunately, yes. TiVo isn't yet very good about updating their streaming database. At least I hope it's "yet".

11. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I've had A Very Murray Christmas as a streaming video on my Roamio and it's still not showing as available even though it was released by Netflix on 12/4. They really need to find a better way to synchronize their streaming provider searches.

12. dfreybur

dfreybur Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Which service - That's the point of One Pass if it worked. I register services I use and my Tivo figures out for me where shows are. I din't need to care which service while it worked.

Okay, it says it will take an hour to go through the process. We'll see how much damage it does to my subscriptions. The hour has started.

Thanks in advance if that goes well.

13. dfreybur

dfreybur Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    It took well under the hour that was predicted.

As I read the directions on the screen it sounded like the process would delete my entire One Pass history. It was not that bad. It kept intact all planned antenna scheduled recordings.

It keep one of my dozen or so One Pass shows (StarGate - SG1). It kept all episodes of all 10 seasons but deletion once again works.

I will try going through the One Pass manager deleting and recreating shows that I want to appear in Now Playing. I know what episodes we've seen has been permanently lost but at least we'll be able to get back to where we were. Bounce back and forth between the kludge Netflix and Amazon Prime interfaces I guess. Some will be easy - We watched a specific number of Longmire episodes of the second season. Some won't be easy - I don't even know what season we were in for Murder She Wrote when it hit the fan.

Thanks again!

14. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Glad it worked. Hopefully this doesn't happen again.

Edit: I didn't have to recreate my streaming OnePasses, but it did take them a little while to show back up in Now Playing

15. dfreybur

dfreybur Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Even better news. Before I deleted and recreated all of my One Pass entries I waited an additional hour and rebooted. All back.

Some strangeness remains. We watched the last episode of West Wing and deleted the last episode. The West Wind folder correctly disappeared from Now Playing. It started waiting for new episodes to appear so I cancelled the One Pass. We watched the last episode of Halt and Catch Fire and the empty folder remains visible in Now Playing. As I hope for another season for the moment I'll leave that one in place.

I spent a while going through episodes. For murder She Wrote I went into the Netflix interface to find out where we were and deleted the episodes to there. Several recently added series from FoodTV I read the descriptions and deleted to the point we'd reached.

Better victory than it looked initially!

16. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I didn't notice at first, but apparently this added a few old OnePasses back that had been deleted months ago. It didn't really cause any problems since the shows aren't currently airing, but you might want to keep an eye out for more oddities.

17. martynl

martynl New Member

Oct 31, 2001
    Seattle,...
    I have been seeing this symptom every few months. All streaming season passes forget which episodes are deleted. It happened twice in the last 2 days. It is a big pain when you have a lot of season passes.

Is anyone else still seeing this problem?

18. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    I gave up on streaming 1Ps long ago, they're basically worthless because Rivo doesn't care.

19. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I haven’t seen it in awhile, but yes it just happened again. Even adding back shows that I do not have OnePasses for anymore.

20. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Since the Rovi buyout I tried it once and it went away after a few weeks of inactivity. I doubt TiVo will fix it.

Another Rovi bug: if you transfer a program to a different TiVo, it will be flagged as KUID after a few days.