Streaming is awesome

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by rivered, Feb 7, 2012.

1. rivered

rivered New Member

Mar 20, 2011
    It's like having just one DVR, nice job TIVO!

2. premiereman

premiereman New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Yes, I agree! It was a much needed feature that should have been added much earlier on. Yesterday I scheduled a recording of the Lakers game on one tuner remotely via my iPhone. I got home around halftime, started watching the start of the game on one Premiere (as the recording was still going on). I ended up pausing the game during the 3rd quarter and went to my other Premiere in a different room to finish up the game exactly where I paused it. All this with no lag and I got through the entire game 7-8 minutes or so after the game ended live.

:up:

3. pmiranda

pmiranda Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Too bad it's not supported between older units. I can't even get anything to transfer from my S3 yet.

4. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    and you never will be able to. You can copy to/from s3 units, just no streaming.

5. PrimeRisk

PrimeRisk TechnoGeek

Dec 16, 2002
    Denver, CO...
    Yeah, the streaming is just slick as can be. It has worked flawlessly for me and I'm very happy with the performance. I wish they would provide and option integrate the playlists of the other DVRs on the network. This way I don't care or even have to know that a show I want to watch is on the local TiVo. I don't like how I go to another device in the Now Playing and the menu format and features change. Even if they just had the remote Now Playing list in the new HD Menu format it would help the experience a lot.

6. vurbano

vurbano Member

Apr 20, 2004
    I love it and it works while the show is recording. No longer do you have to wait until a show is fully recorded to transfer it and watch it. Just stream it, even while it's recording. Finally t.his thing will not be obsolete if transferring is prohibited by my provider. Finally it is on par with every other whole house dvr out there. I hint TiVo has just taken a big step in insuring their viability in the future. I just hope they do not end transferring.

7. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I think it would be great if I needed it or even wanted it, but I don't, at least not on one of my premieres. I have MRV (video sharing) turned off/not enabled on that Tivo, yet it can stream any recording from my first premiere anyway. Even worse, people can delete any recordings on the first premiere they feel like deleting for any reason from the second premiere.