Stream to iPad to TV via HDMI

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by BigBillTolbert, Sep 12, 2013.

1. BigBillTolbert

BigBillTolbert New Member

Apr 21, 2003
    New...

Advertisements

I have TiVo stream set up and working and it works great. The specs say that TiVo stream supports 1080i and 1080p. What I can't figure out is if I buy a lightning to HDMI adapter, what resolution will go to the TV.

My goal is to be able to take a TV out on the deck and rather than run a cable out to it and a cable box, I hope to use the iPad over wireless and just buy the lightning to HDMI adapter.

Just don't want to drop $50 on the adapter if it's not capable.

2. jjd_87

jjd_87 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    WV
    You can't do this without jailbreaking your iPad.

3. BigBillTolbert

BigBillTolbert New Member

Apr 21, 2003
    New...
    Rats. I have a TiVo mini that I can drag out on the deck, but then I have to run a ethernet cable out there. At that point I could just run a coax and a cable box.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You could use a WiFi bridge instead. If you get a good signal you should be able to sustain a single stream just fine. And a lot of the new bridges are powered by USB, so you don't even need power except for the Mini itself.

5. Austin Bike

Austin Bike Member

Feb 9, 2003

Advertisements

What is the distance? I used a wireless HDMI and HDMI splitter off a Tivo HD to get tivo out to my screen porch. More recently it has become my kitchen tivo. You are mirroring so it isn't a replacement for a mini, but it does the job.