Stream NBC Nightly News on a PC

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by tome10, Jan 22, 2018.

1. tome10

tome10 New Member

Jan 8, 2011

Advertisements

The Wife wants to watch the Nightly News in her office. There's no TV currently in place, but she has an extra monitor and PC. Is there a way to stream the News? I went to Tivo.com, and see where I can stream recorded shows, but not live. I went to NBC.com, and it says streaming is not available in my area. What the heck?

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    You've posted to the BOLT forum, so I assume you have a BOLT ... which means you should be able to use TiVo Online to stream content from the BOLT in-home to a computer. Or you could use the TiVo mobile app on a compatible mobile phone or tablet.

That is, assuming everything works as it's marketed.

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Just record it and watch the recording. That's how TiVo streaming works for devices other than minis.

4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    If you select the program from the guide within TiVo Online it will automatically initiate the recording. (Though it would make sense to setup a repeat recording if it's a program she'd regularly want to watch.)

5. tome10

tome10 New Member

Jan 8, 2011

Advertisements

Ok, I was playing with the App on a tablet, and figured out how to stream. Golden. Thanks! I do have a Bolt BTW.

krkaufman likes this.
  6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Your PC may have a location issue. From Google, it seems your local NBC station must be an NBC owned station. I get the same error since my station is owned by Nexstar. It also mentioned that iOS or Android is needed, so that may be why your tablet worked. I can watch recorded programs via my cable feed's TVE ability.