Stream just stopped working (middleminderror on app)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tivo_good, Dec 6, 2019.

  1. tivo_good

    tivo_good New Member

    6
    0
    Feb 22, 2006
    My stream was working fine yesterday, using it with my Android tablet. This morning was trying to download some shows onto my tablet and it came up with an error. So i did what I have done in the past when I couldn't download shows which was; close the app and force stop the app on my Android. If that doesn't resolve it then I go to the stream web page (sysinfo) and do a restart. After the restart finished I tried to download the show again. While attempting the download I noticed that my Tivo restarted. After the Tivo was back up I tried to download again and started to get the middleminderror on the app. I tried another reboot from the Tivo screen which did not resolve anything. I then did a power cycle and that did not change anything.

    Did my stream on my Roamio die? Bad power supply?

    Any help or suggestions would be great. Thank you in advance.
     
  2. ThAbtO

    ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

    11,706
    926
    Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I would try a "Full Network" Power cycle. Power off everything on your network, then starting with the modem, power it up until its fully operational, repeat with router (if separate), computers, tivos, etc., include all MoCa Adapters (if any).
     
  3. tivo_good

    tivo_good New Member

    6
    0
    Feb 22, 2006
    Here is an update:
    After writing the post I tried using NetFlix and had the V315 error, same for Amazon, YouTube and Tivo+. I then tried to remove the app from the Tivo, so that I could re-sign back into the app, and it came back with and error. I then looked at my routers IDS (snort) and saw that there was over 5000 IP addresses being blocked. In the past when the Tivo could not download from the Tivo servers it ended up being that the Tivo IP address was being blocked by the IDS. I already had added all the Tivo server IP to the pass list so that they would not get blocked. Just to test I removed all the blocked IP address from my IDS and then the android app started working again and so did the Netflix, Amazon and YouTube app on the Tivo.

    So in the end it looks like the IDS was somehow blocking internal IP address from working even though I have setup the IDS to only look at the WAN interface.
     

Share This Page