Stream baby issue - Handbrake?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by FlipperJ, Jun 7, 2011.

1. FlipperJ

FlipperJ Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Where else,...
    Howdy folks,

I thought I'd post my issue despite seeing some similar posts in case it is in some way unique. Hopefully a resolution will present itself.

I haven't ripped too many DVD's lately and AnyDVD / Handbrake are probably both newer versions than most of my library - in other words my software environment has changed. My existing MP4 video library still plays well on my Premiere through Stream Baby, BUT, my latest rip and conversion (alright, it's Harry Potter... um for the kids) suffers from sound drop-outs and what seems to be a white flash. Not watchable.

I'm using the same profiles I've always used, although Handbrake has changed somewhat and my "home-made" profiles were replaced. I feel like this is a frame order or maybe H.264 encoding profile issue but the nature of it is above my pay grade. I'm not sure about the sound issue in that case. I've tried a few different settings, they all perform the same, although if I just stream to my iPhone from my home server it plays nicely.

Do I need a custom profile for Stream Baby Stream or does this sound like something else? If this is answered elsewhere, sorry, I saw some related issues but they weren't exactly the same. A nudge in the right direction would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Flipper

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    You must use the -O Handbrake option.

3. FlipperJ

FlipperJ Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Where else,...
    In the GUI, the "web optimize" chik box achieves the same, right?

(At least in the query editor, HB seems to add the -O.)

Thanks, I'll give it a run and confirm.

Flipper

4. FlipperJ

FlipperJ Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Where else,...
    Okay, well that doesn't do it. Tivo still gulps every other minute or so with a flash and an audio drop.

I'll continue reading and post a solution for others. Can this be related to reference frames (thought that was a quality issue)?

Flipper

5. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
  6. FlipperJ

FlipperJ Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Where else,...
    @dlfl - nice read and I will keep this info in the back of my head. I still think my problem is different, though. Yes, the -O is in the command line, BTW.

Since all previous Handbrake conversions work very well, I'm certain (for me?) it may just be a profile issue. I suppose I could revert to the previous Handbrake version to be sure.

I have tried several of the posted parameter tweaks and adjustments. One would imagine that with almost identical hardware and software results wouldn't vary so much but it would appear many of us have different results. Ghosts in the machine...