Stream 4k Remote Numeric Keys

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by Dean Vlahos, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Dean Vlahos

Dean Vlahos New Member

Sep 18, 2020

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there's any way to make the number keys actually work like a TV remote -- So you can enter a channel number in apps that have channel numbers like Pluto? That was the only reason I bought a Stream 4k in the first place, only to find out they do absolutely nothing. Really, it's very deceiving to put numeric keys on a device's remote that is intended for TV and it doesn't allow you to enter channel numbers. What exactly are they intended for in the first place?

mdavej likes this.
  2. jb brown

jb brown New Member

Aug 28, 2020
    it works on Tivimate I don't use the other stuff

3. rczrider

rczrider Active Member

May 15, 2020
    The real answer is: to make it look like other TiVo remotes. For the same reason that no other streaming device has a numeric keypad, the keypad on the TiVo remote is borderline useless.

That said, it does do something on some apps, just not on apps that the average person cares about.

4. blackngold75

blackngold75 Active Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Northern...
    Those buttons work with ChannelsDVR and also the HDHomeRun apps for live TV viewing. I could live without them, but it's nice to be able to enter the channel number to go directly to a channel that I want to watch.

5. Alex_7

Alex_7 Active Member

Jun 24, 2020

Advertisements

They also work when searching a movie/tv show title that includes numbers in the title