Stranger Things - Episode 1 - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Hcour, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007

Advertisements

Hmmm, it's ok, nothing special so far. Heavy Spielberg influence, obviously. Ryder's character wasn't given much to do in this ep except run around and look frantic about her missing kid.

Seems pretty obvious where they're going with the story, hopefully there will be some twists and turns on the journey.

Love the 80's music. Toto!

BTW, is it protocol in this forum to put a spoiler warning for a specific episode thread? I mean, isn't it obvious there will be spoilers? No big deal, just wondering...

2. Queue

Queue UnbowdUnbentUnbrokn

Apr 6, 2009
    I watched the first three eps last night. I was hooked from the pilot.

I can't watch during the day with the kid around so in looking forward to tonight to get a few more episodes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I watched all eight episodes over two days. The adults like Winona Rider are top billed but the true stars are the kids.

4. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    The 80's hair is hilarious. We watched the first 2 eps last night (so I won't comment much on the plot because I can never remember what happened in ep1 vs ep2). I liked it a good bit. So far I can't say it's going to be really surprising but the acting, cinematography, etc. is very good so I'll definitely keep watching.

The rules are in a sticky post at the top of the threads list: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=271608. Basically, if the thread title refers to a specific episode, OR it contains the word "spoilers", then spoilers are OK (up to that episode or related to whatever the title talks about). So adding "spoilers" to episode threads is optional.

5. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf

Advertisements

Netflix Only?

6. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    Also magical means.

7. alevenso

alevenso Member

May 8, 2016
    I have only watched the first three episodes so far - but a clear winner in my book - great mix of Sci-fi , horror, and character development - its like a mix between ET, Lost, and Bloodline - lots of early 80's nostalgia sprinkled in - I do recoomend watching it at night in the dark and check on your kids before you go to bed -