Strange SP Behavior on New Elite

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by BH9244, Nov 13, 2011.

1. BH9244

BH9244 Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I just got a new elite unit ( my HDXL is presently in the GSOD boot loop abyss). Anyway went throught the setup, got the M-Card paired then used the online SP manager to transfer the SP's that existed on the HDXL unit to the new Elite unit. I'm noticing the following unusual things, perhaps it is mostly a case of not allowing sufficient time for the unit to catch up but if not I'd surely appreciate any guidance..

Many of the SPs which are set to record the Non HD channel show upcoming episodes of the HD Channel but none for the Non-HD channel which the SP should record.

Some show no upcoming episodes for the SP yet if I search for the show by time and chanel episodes are listed.

Is it possible I need to run guided setup again ?. The unit shows guide data through the 25th of Nov or so..

Any thougths or suggestions..

2. rocko

rocko Cuckoo for TiVo

Oct 29, 2002
    Northeast...
    I would verify that the channels that comprise your original SP are all available on the new box. If they're not you'll need fix your channel list and possibly re-migrate your SP.

3. BH9244

BH9244 Member

Feb 10, 2009

I double checked this and there appears to be no problem of this sort. All channels which I have SPs on can successfully be tuned..

4. BH9244

BH9244 Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Just looked at it again, and another thing I now notice is that there are SP programs scheduled to record yet they do not appear in the upcoming episodes..

For instance on of my SP's is for Modern Marvels on the standard def Ch48, don't recall what the HD channel for History is but for sake of argument lets say it's 748. If I go to the SP manager and select the Modern Marvels SP (for Ch 48) and select upcoming episodes it only list the eps coming up on 748 and none on 48 yet if I go to the to do list there are upcoming ch 48 recording scheduled..

5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Are those channels analog? Because the Premiere Elite will not receive analog channels.

6. BH9244

BH9244 Member

Feb 10, 2009
    No Digital over cable

7. BH9244

BH9244 Member

Feb 10, 2009
    My apologies I just checked the unit and now all seems right and holy, I guess I was not patient enought to allow it to complete its housekeeping...:)