Strange Season Pass Quirk

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jonistivo, Jan 20, 2006.

1. jonistivo

jonistivo New Member

Jan 20, 2006

Advertisements

Hi, all

I had a strange problem with Season Pass and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

I had a Season Pass - All Episodes for a certain show in reruns (okay...."Caroline in the City"). The show is on twice a day on LRW station, so, within a few months, I had the entirety of the series on my TiVo. I watched all of the episodes and deleted them as I went along. I then deleted the Season Pass for "Caroline in the City".

A few weeks passed and I decided to get another Season Pass for "Caroline", this time with only the 10-episode selection. Although the show is still on twice a week, and the Season Pass shows all of the upcoming shows, after one week, it has not recorded a single episode. I checked all the usual suspects for mistakes I had made (i.e. "Repeats", etc. and everything is correct).

For over an hour, I had been trying to figure out why on earth this one particular show was not taping (we have 23 shows in Season Pass and everything is taping fine, we are not anywhere near the space limitation, etc.). Finally, I changed the "First Run/Repeats" to "Duplicates (All)" and now my To-Do List, for the first time, shows the upcoming Caroline in the City shows.

This is why I am surprised: I totally deleted all my previous episodes of Caroline in the City and deleted the entire Caroline Season Pass weeks ago. Since supposedly TiVo keeps nothing that is deleted, why would this brand new Season Pass need to be programmed to record duplicate shows, unless it is remembering old Caroline shows which were deleted?

Has anyone encountered a memory of deleted shows issue like this? :confused:

2. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    sounds like the 28 day rule to me.

3. jonistivo

jonistivo New Member

Jan 20, 2006
    What is the 28 Day Rule?

4. jonistivo

jonistivo New Member

Jan 20, 2006
    I just read somewhere else what the 28 Day Rule is. Thanks for letting me know that's what the problem was. I've only had TiVo a few months and thought I was going crazy.

5. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago

Advertisements

A Season Pass will not record the same episode of a show if... a) The episode is already in Now Playing or b) The episode was already recorded in the last 28 days.

6. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    If you go into your "To Do List" there is a "View Recording History" item at the very top. Go in there and if a show didn't record (or will not record), it will tell you why not. You can also see if programs were deleted because someone deleted them or they expired and the space was needed for newer programs. I find it very helpful sometimes.