Strange - Programming situation

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by macmike12, Jun 2, 2011.

1. macmike12

macmike12 New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Manteno, IL
    Well I thought my wife was nuts. She told me out of three of our Tivo's watching the same channel off antenna. 26-3 here in Chicago land called Me-TV. This morning her Premiere had Lucy going from the 8:30 AM time slot going at 9:10. The two Series 3's were running Perry Mason. Double check all TV's said 26-3. I switched tuners and went back and it cleared the problem. She says it happens a lot on the premiere. I am almost wishing I had never bought a premiere.

macmike

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    I had to read this a few times to figure out what it was you were calling a problem. The live buffer was just playing back from its start point (i.e., about 30 minutes behind real time), instead of its end point (real time). You can skip ahead from that point, or flush the buffer by changing channels, as you found. But I fail to see how this is a problem, much less a problem worthy of saying "I am almost wishing I had never bought a premiere." Why would you even care about this?

As for all TiVos being on 26-3, I assume that's where the Teleworld Paid Program aired the previous night.

3. macmike12

macmike12 New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Manteno, IL
    Well maybe I should not have said I wished I had bought a Premiere. I should have said I shouldn't have put that on the living room TV the wife watches. When these things hickup she drives me crazy about it. The Series 3's I have had no problem just with the Premiere. As for 26-3 that is the Antenna channel days before digital you would have a channel 26 only now there is 26-1, 26-2. 26-3 that is what I was make reference about.

macmike

4. macmike12

macmike12 New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Manteno, IL
    My wife said the Life buffer idea didn't make sense. She says yesterday it showed the same Lucy episode 4 times straight.

macmike