Strange OnePass behavior - Some record 3-4 times, Can't cancel

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by fis, Nov 11, 2017.

1. fis

fis Member

Feb 7, 2017
    My Bolt OnePasses have been behaving erratically. Before I call Tivo support again (which tends to take forever and not generally be helpful), I thought I'd look to the forum to see if anybody's had experience with this issue with OnePasses. Specifically:
    1. Several OnePasses (but not all of them) are recording the same episode 4 times. i.e., the Bolt is using all 4 tuners to simultaneously record 4 copies of the same episode (this of course creates myriad problems with capacity and conflicts that I probably don't need to explain here).
    2. I can't cancel or modify a OnePass. It seemed to me that a solution for #1 would be canceling the OnePass and re-creating it. But I cannot cancel any of my OnePasses. I don't get any kind of error message, but when I click Cancel, the OnePass doesn't go away.
    3. OnePass Manager doesn't seem to be working. I can't change the priority order, can't cancel, etc. The functionality seems to be there, but any changes I make just don't stick.
    4. The online/web version of OnePass Manager exhibits the same behavior. For example it appears that I can cancel a OnePass. Then I refresh the page and it reappears.
    Other background:
    • I CAN cancel an individual recording using the guide. I just can't cancel the OnePass.
    • Manual recordings seem to work fine. They record properly and only record once.
    • This all started after my Toshiba hard drive failed and I rebooted the Tivo using the original 500GB drive that came with it.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Since it's the least harmful procedure, I would run a CPI&TDL. It takes a while, probably an hour on a Bolt, and you can make it finish faster by performing a manual service connection after the first phase completes.

If it's still bad, I guess a C&DE is needed. But you will lose everything. Also, after everything has finished, check the dates & times in System Information for anything out of the ordinary.

fis likes this.
  3. fis

fis Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Thanks for the suggestion. Sorry for my ignorance but I did a search for CPI&TDL and couldn't find what that means. I'm guessing it involves the To Do List but that's as much as my brain could deduce.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If you have signatures disabled you won't see my link to abbreviations -> Rovi Lineup Issues & Corrections

Help, Reset to Defaults, Clear Program Information & To Do List. Ignore the warning, it's wrong.

fis likes this.
  5. fis

fis Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Fantastic. I knew this community would be more efficient that calling Tivo.
    CPI&TDL appears to have done the trick. Thanks.

JoeKustra likes this.