Strange music problem with PyTivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Gavroche, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Gavroche

Gavroche Member

May 26, 2007
    State of...
    Running latest pytivo wmcbrine... (console mode on win7 home premium)

2 Tivo premieres

Video shares work on both

music shares are displayed on both

selecting a music share works on one, but not the other. When I select a music share on the second tivo it just immediately exits back to the main tivo screen. I can see and play music fine from the first tivo. My config doesn't have separate sections for each tivo or anything like that.

What should I check? Everything else works, just not music on the second tivo.

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Try rebooting the TiVo.

3. Gavroche

Gavroche Member

May 26, 2007
    State of...
    Have... no change.

Incidentally it's never worked on this TiVo. It's odd that it works fine on the other and not this one, especially since video sharing works fine.

4. Gavroche

Gavroche Member

May 26, 2007
    State of...
    I still haven't been able to solve this. When I click on a music folder on the second tivo, I get this in the console window 5 times:

INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.12 [08/Oct/2011 13:07:18] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F&DoGenres=1 HTTP/1.0" 200 -

5. Gavroche

Gavroche Member

May 26, 2007
    State of...
    Still can't fix it. Re-installed python and libraries, re-installed current wmcbrine pytivo... same exact behaviour. Photos don't work either. Photos and music work perfectly fine on one Tivo Premiere but not the other. Both connected to the same router, set up exactly the same way.

What do I even check? I can't seem to figure this one out. Something broken on my tivo perhaps? It's not like it just stopped working one day. It's never worked on this tivo.

6. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Well yes, I would assume it's that TiVo. (Maybe there are discrete permissions for photos and music vs. videos, and yours were mistakenly shut off?) The only other thing I'd try would be TiVo Desktop -- if that won't do photos or music, either, you can report that to TiVo.

7. Doug43232

Doug43232 New Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Gavroche, did you ever figure out the problem? I'm running into the same thing (two Premieres, configured exactly the same and using the same wireless network, one shows photo/music shares (via TiVo Desktop Plus, but I also tried pyTivo and experienced the same issue) just fine, the other doesn't, rebooting the TiVo that doesn't show the shares doesn't appear to affect anything).

Just curious,