Strange Cable Card Problem SATX

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Raygun, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Raygun

Raygun New Member

Aug 8, 2008

Advertisements

I keep loosing the analog channels (2-99) on my Tivo 3. The upper channels are fine, HBO etc. I reseated the Cable Card, restarted the unit, unplugged the unit, still no lower channels. If I pull out the cable card and they come back. Put it back in and they are gone again.
    I called Time Warner San Antonio yesterday, and spent 10 minute on hold and they started working again. I was not told what resolved the issue.
    Same problem today, no analogs, I called support and got the local people.
    She tried to marry and unmarry the card. This did not fix the problem.
    Now I have to wait for the tech to replace my M card.

Any clues on resolving the problem?

I have a feeling it might be something with the card config at their end, but I don't know what I need to suggest.

Thank You

2. Combat Medic

Combat Medic No guts, no glory

Sep 6, 2001
    San...
    Sounds like a very bad card map to me. Like for some reason they didn't check the checkbox for analog.

3. Raygun

Raygun New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Thanks, I think it is probably something simple. I am looking for the Key words to use when calling support. I forgot to mention everything was working fine for 2 months.
    Let us know how it goes with SDV tuner when ever you get one.

4. cableguy763

cableguy763 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    It's a balancing issue with your account. They don't have the basic package on your cards outlets in the billing system.

5. Raygun

Raygun New Member

Aug 8, 2008

Advertisements

Thanks for the Info, I called back in and they assured me the card was setup correctly and they still want send someone out. (I don't think these guys realize it costs more money to send a tech than fix it remotely.)
    I have a feeling any card they will try is going to have the same issue until they fix the billing, but we will see.
    I wonder if they are trying to use the same setting as my two cable boxes, which probably don't require the same settings as the Tivo to get locals.

I had a problem with a DVR several years ago, I kept loosing the guide and they kept telling me to replace it. After the second time I got a hold of someone who knew his stuff and found out they had used the settings from the cable card in my TV and they did not have the guide selected (at this point I had stopped using the card but had not returned it yet). Hmm maybe this is why I never got a guide on the TV....

6. Enforcer

Enforcer Member

Apr 21, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Dude. EXACT same thing happened to me. couldnt get 23-99 and most of the HD tier for 2 days. then all the sudden it works again.