Strange behavior

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Bananfish, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Bananfish

Bananfish Preowned Member

May 16, 2002
    Belmont, CA

Advertisements

Yesterday when I went to watch a program, none of the HD-TiVo functions would work, either from the standard HD-TiVo remote or from the front panel - i.e., I could watch TV, but I could not get any TiVo menus to activate, or any other TiVo function for that matter. I was essentially stuck watching live TV.

Other than that, the TV worked fine (I think), the remote worked fine (e.g., I could change the volume) and the TiVo worked fine (i.e., it recorded the programs that it was supposed to).

I unplugged the TiVo and plugged it back in and things appear to be normal again.

Has anybody else run into this? Is it a harbinger of bad things to come, or just a one-time glitch?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Probably just a one-time glitch. We've all had funny problems like this at least once or twice, and they're always "fixed" by rebooting.

3. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    just wait until

1. your 30 second skip becomes 5 seconds
    2. you get error 41 (or some such code in place of a recording)
    3. no channels in your guide even though you have great signal strength
    4. your programs start 1 minute late

i do love the machine but the little things get to you sometimes

4. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    That will work, but using the restart in the menu is the recommended procedure. I've seen similar behavior, and a reset usually fixes it permanently.