1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange behavior with Mini (1st gen model)

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by syllogistic, Apr 12, 2018.

1. syllogistic

syllogistic Member

Aug 25, 2017
    I don't even know how to search this particular incident here because it's the first time I've encountered it, so I'm hoping my query makes some sense.

I was watching live TV - Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel from 12:00pm - 6:00pm today consisting of 4 back-to-back Monk episodes followed by two back-to-back Psych episodes. Anyway, I changed the channel to TBS at 6:00pm to watch The Last O.G.

This is when it got weird. The blue circle briefly interrupted the channel change to TBS. Then the screen showed the 3:00pm episode of Monk. I hit the info button and it's showing TBS with The Last O.G. title yet it's replaying the 3:00pm Monk episode. So I hit the Last channel button to go back to Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and it replayed the 3:00pm Monk episode again. Then I clicked back to TBS via Last channel button and the same thing happened.

So I rebooted the Mini and all seemed well because I was able to tune to TBS and catch the last 20 minutes of The Last O.G., however, it ran 4 minutes past it's intended end time. So I didn't think anything of it and decided to tune back to Hallmark Movies & Mysteries to catch the last half of the 6:00-7:00 Psych episode and guess what... that 3:00pm Monk episode replayed from the beginning again?

I ended up doing a CD&E of the Mini (not the host Roamio) and it still resulted in the same behavior mentioned above. So I went to the Roamio and power cycled it and all is back to normal again with the Mini.

Anyone ever run into this situation before or is this a new bug of some sort?

2. videobruce

videobruce OTA is still alive

Nov 30, 2012
    Buffalo NY
    Some corruption between those devices?
    You didn't state if theses are wired Ethernet or wireless? You could of put the Roamino in 'Standby' for 5+ minutes then power back up first before doing a full re-boot.

syllogistic likes this.
  3. syllogistic

syllogistic Member

Aug 25, 2017
    @videobruce

Thanks for the reply. These are connected via MOCA.

If I run into this issue again I'll try your suggestion. So far I haven't run into this behavior since my initial post, so all is good for now. Thanks!