Strange audio drop outs

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by tivoboy, May 15, 2011.

1. tivoboy

tivoboy Member

Jan 14, 2002
    SFO
    So, I new strange thing has been happening. at first I thought it was a transmission feed/error, but what happens is the audio will drop a second, half second here and there.

If I am on a sat channel, non-HD, it works fine, no audio drop. But, when I run from a broadcast OTA recorded HD channel, like a 5.1, or 7.1, etc., the audio will drop every once and a a while. I can check the SD feed, and there is not an audio problem.

What I JUST realized is that OLDER RECORDINGS of the 5.1, or 7.1 as examples are ALSO exhibiting this audio drop out, and I don't recall those older recordings having the problem.

So, at first I thought it might be an OTA issue, or the OTA tuner but now that I go back and check it out with older recordings of OTA HD shows, they TOO have the funny audio dropouts?

So, is there something about OTA HD audio recordings that a box failure could be exhibiting, or is there some dolby encoding or something that could suddenly fail?

I haven't gone further downstream to the RECEIVER which gets the feed via optical to check if something there is amise, although it doesn't exhibit it with any other inputs for now.

thoughts?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Have you tried resetting your Tivo?

3. tivoboy

tivoboy Member

Jan 14, 2002
    SFO
    I've done some reboots, but not complete resets yet.