STILL no Hulu+! Seriously...

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by exegesis48, May 29, 2011.

1. exegesis48

exegesis48 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Ok, so I bought my TiVo Premiere on May 26th after seeing a Tweet from @TiVo saying that Hulu+ is now available. I purchased the premiere as an upgrade from my TiVo HD, purely based on the Hulu+ announcement.

Well after getting the unit home and activating it, I was told by the representative that it will take a couple days before Hulu+ would be pushed to my system. Needless to say when Hulu+ still wasn't on my system by yesterday (the 28th) I was frustrated and contacted TiVo to figure out what was going on.

TiVo said that I should have received the app already as I had been on 14.8 since the 26th. They said engineering had been notified of my situation and the problem should be rectified within 24 hours.

Well now its the 29th (24 hours later) and still no Hulu+. You'd think after 8 months TiVo would have gotten this figured out by now. Any suggestions?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Don't sweat the small stuff, you certainly will get it, even if it takes a few extra hours/days.

I assume you have already reconnected a few times and rebooted as well? Have you checked in the thread from TiVoPony as he indicated some things you can do to accelerate the process?

3. Frank_H

Frank_H New Member

May 21, 2011
    I had to force a connection to TIVO and reboot before it showed up on mine.

4. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    I suggest: don't expect lightning response on the Sunday of a three-day weekend.

5. sabixx

sabixx New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    force 2 connections to Tivo,other then that theres not allot that can be done. rebooting should be the last thing you try.

6. exegesis48

exegesis48 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I've rebooted at least ten times, forced connections over and over and tried all the tricks regarding SD menus etc.

And in regards to the " don't expect a lightning fast response on a 3 day weekend" comment. I wouldn't if TiVo hadn't specifically given me a time frame!

Also, they ANNOUNCED that Hulu+ was ready and I bought their product based on that information! Seriously? I'm the one who is out of line?

7. aridon

aridon Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Out of line no but maybe you should return it and go with something else if you are going to get so worked up over it. They shouldn't of given you a 24 hour time frame but try and have some patience. If its that big of a deal return it.

8. sabixx

sabixx New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    you should definitely return it, im not sure why you bought a Tivo with monthly fees with Hulu when Roku has it without them.

you're not out of line at all,but relaying on Tivo to do things right is just not going to happen. they fail to help constantly.

9. exegesis48

exegesis48 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I bought it because We are a TiVo household. We bought lifetime service. And you guys that encourage everyone with a legitimate complaint against TiVo to return their boxes are getting old quick.

I DO have patience. I've had two TiVo reps give me hard and fast timeframes now with no results. That's not how great companies are made.

10. sabixx

sabixx New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    nobody is quick to tell everybody to return their boxes,but what more do you want? tivo reps don't help, Tivo is not the great company it once was. the only thing you can do is wait it out, just like netflix, or the freezing issues, or the reboot issues. nobody at tivo can help you, this is just the facts.

Hulu isn't working on my Tivo either even though the app is there,but theres nothing I can do.

11. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Then why are you here bitching if you have patience? Shut up and wait then. I dont see the point of making a thread if youre just going to be patient.

12. exegesis48

exegesis48 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    As i've said in on other threads where they tell people to shut up and stop complaining... The whole point of these forums is to share TiVo experiences with a community of people who also use TiVo. I'm having a problem with TiVo, and I wanted to make sure it was out there for the world to see. Not so people think "Aw, poor Exegesis48", but so there's accountability on TiVo's part, and so others can make their assessments based off my experience as well.

And speaking of patience...

I bought a single tuner Series 2 TiVo with Lifetime when they first came out. Only to have the Dual Tuner Series 2 come out shortly after.

I encouraged my mother to drop her DirectTV TiVo and to get a $800+ Series 3 TiVo with Lifetime. Only to have the TiVo HD come out shortly after.

I bought a TiVo HD and paid month-to-month with the explicit plan of upgrading to a Series 4 TiVo as soon as they were released (so as not to get burned again). Only to be disappointed by review after review talking about half baked features and lackluster performance.

Only after reading about the launch of Hulu+ and hearing from Dave Zatz that TiVo may finally be getting their act together did I decide to jump on the TiVo Premiere. I LOVE TiVo. It seriously bothers me that I can't recommend one to my friends and family due to the hassle of CableCards etc (we use OTA only ourselves).

I just wanted to share my personal experience with the community. TiVo, please listen. We want to believe in you. You've got to get your act together and start delivering on our expectations.

13. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    I don't think TiVo has authorized all the TiVos for Hulu yet despite their claims on this forum. I've forced multiple connections and tried rebooting to no avail. So there is some type of bug in the software not showing Hulu or they really haven't authorized all the boxes for Hulu yet. Either way, I would expect them to have it working this week some time. If they don't, then I would agree that it is very poor public relations to make this announcement and not be able to roll it out like they said they would.

14. 36446

36446 New Member

May 19, 2011
    Check your Video Provider List

This menu can be accessed by going from 'TiVo Central > Settings & messages > Settings > Channel > Video Provider List'.

Toggle Hulu

In SDUI, Hulu Plus can be found under "Music, Photos, & Showcases" from TiVo Central.
    It is not available from the "Video On Demand" Menu.

15. exegesis48

exegesis48 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    It's not in the HDUI "Video Provider List" and it also doesn't appear under "Music, Photos & Showcases" when i switch to the SDUI.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Any other thoughts?

16. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The only options are to wait or to call TiVo tomorrow and see if they can push it to your boxes. Three of my boxes still don't have Hulu+. If it's not on there by tomorrow night I will be calling TiVo to see why it has not shown up on those boxes yet.

17. exegesis48

exegesis48 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I think you're definitely right. I called this afternoon and got hold of an extremely helpful TiVo representative who was very apologetic. She said with it being a holiday there wasn't much she could do though in the way of direct hardware pushes. But she did say she would personally call me back tomorrow to ensure the issue is resolved by engineering.

18. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    What releases are your TiVos? I have 14.8.U2, and curious if it needs to be at 14.8.01 that rolled out a couple/few days later...

19. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    All five of mine are still on 14.8.U2.

20. exegesis48

exegesis48 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Mine is 14.8-01-3-745