Still don't have my update. Should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by justrick, Jan 18, 2012.

1. justrick

justrick New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Read yesterday about the new update, and I'm dying to get it! I tried manually connecting numerous times, but have yet to see the "pending restart" message or any other indicator that my update has arrived.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else not received the update yet?

2. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    It takes 3 weeks or longer to get all of the updates done. It took me 4 weeks to get 14.9.

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Version 20 should be rolled out by the end of the week according to TiVo. Forcing updates will not help you get it faster. There's nothing to be concerned about as it will only be a few more days max.

4. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev & Chief Design Officer, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    We have approved the 20.2 update for full rollout. We authorized a large number of boxes this afternoon, and we will continue to add new groups daily through Tuesday. By next Wednesday, all TiVo Premiere and Premiere Elite boxes should be authorized for the update.

If you want to see if your box was randomly selected in today's batch, connect to the TiVo Service (Settings > Network). If after a (long) connection your status changes to "Pending Restart" then your box will automatically install the update at 2am. (You can also restart the box yourself, but make sure you allow up to an hour for the update process to complete.)

If you aren't part of today's upgrade, you can check again tomorrow. The batches will be authorized only once per day -- evening is the best time to check.

We enable the Multi-Room Streaming feature separately from the update. It is scheduled to be turned on for everyone a week from Monday.

Note: if your TiVo Premiere is from a cable company, it will not be updated as part of this rollout. I expect most cable companies to rollout the update sometime this spring.

--Margret

5. don129

don129 New Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Margret... I often lurk but rarely post to this forum.

THANK YOU! for your customer focus.... its 100%, absolutely appreicated!

6. Jimbo713

Jimbo713 CreaTiVoty!

Dec 25, 2001
    Richmond, VA
    I've had the update for a little over a week - it's fabulous. And a lot of folks here agree - no wonder so many that don't have it can't get it soon enough! But how nice it is to have Margret give us the official roll-out schedule for all that have been wondering when they'll get it. It's truly special to have the company back on board here.

7. cipherwar

cipherwar New Member

Jan 11, 2012
    First, I have been a long time Tivo user, over 12 years with various models. Recently I was contemplating moving to DirecTV to take advantage of their multiroom DVR. I haven't visited this site in awhile and stopped in last week and noticed Margret actively participating around the 20.2 discussion.

This swayed me to stay with Tivo and I ended up purchasing an additional Tivo Premiere a few days ago. I wish more companies would start interacting with their customers in this way. It does work! Thanks!

8. AMike

AMike Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Metro Atlanta
    I connected via network yesterday afternoon and received the update. I did a reset of my box and had the update installed.

I am glad that I have rediscovered this site to keep me updated on this and glad to see active participation once again from TiVo. I like what I have seen so far with the update!

9. CharlesH

CharlesH Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Sacramento...
    +1 Hopefully she won't be driven away by a handful of obnoxious posters like the previous TiVo representatives were :)

10. Hexerott

Hexerott New Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Went to my sister's house last night and they had the update. All exceited, we came home but found no update.

Please, TIVO, hook me up. My sister and her husband are actually cooler than I am. My therapist will not be happy to hear about this.

11. jpcamaro70

jpcamaro70 Member

Nov 23, 2011
    LOL

12. DrewG5

DrewG5 New Member

Dec 13, 2011
    My guess is I'll get the update the day after everyone else gets it. But in all fairness I'm not pushing to get it either.

13. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I think TiVo is doing this in some sort of TSN order as my un-sub TP got the update the other day, (I have it for parts as Amazon had a $50 special some time ago, could not pass that up and want to have a spare drive with the newest software just in case one of my TPs hard drives goes)

14. rivered

rivered New Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Is it just me that doesn't notice much of a difference, I think I would never have known there was an update if the My Shows background wasn't different. I did try to change to the HDui but it was too laggy for me like before.

15. Quake97

Quake97 New Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Southeastern PA
    Switch to the HDUI.

Joe

16. jpcamaro70

jpcamaro70 Member

Nov 23, 2011
    I never used the sdui so i have no clue if there were changes. In hdui, there are a bunch of little changes, they don't affect the user experience much, but you can certainly tell once you pull up the guide.

17. MrJedi

MrJedi Member

Apr 13, 2011
    I know what you mean. I got 14.9 the day before they said roll-out was complete. I'm not expecting (or asking) anything different this time. Never had an issue with the HDUI as this is my first TiVo. It will just be nice to have the new guide.

18. TracySMiller

TracySMiller New Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Probably no need to be concerned if you don't yet have the update. TiVoMargaret said they would be authorizing them through Wednesday. If you don't have it by then, you might start getting worried.

19. JavaJoe_2

JavaJoe_2 Member

Dec 31, 2010
    I had not received the update as of yet on one of my TiVo's....the upstairs unit did the downstairs unit no.
    I forced a call to the mothership and rebooted and is now currently installing the update.
    Just a coincidence, maybe.

20. Hexerott

Hexerott New Member

Jan 1, 2007
    I just forced a connection and after downloading for 25 mins, it said pending restart. I restarted it via the help menu and it is now saying Preparing the update, this may take up to an hour, possibly longer.

PS - I forced a connection about a hour and a half ago and it didn't get this update then.