STB cannot retune to BBC1 or BBC2

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by Hustiniano, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Hustiniano

Hustiniano New Member

Nov 4, 2002
    London

Advertisements

Hi
    I have been away for a week and come back to find the channel retune must have happened in the London area whilst I was away. I retuned my TV and all is fine. But on doing an automatic retune on my Thomson STB feeding the Tivo I can no longer receive BBC1 or BBC2 to my Tivo. The same aerial feeds my TV and that can still get BBC1 and BBC2. I have tried connecting the arial cable directly to the STB (rather than via the splitter I normally use) but to no avail

I have tried doing a manual scan on the STB for channel 23 at 490,000 but no BBC1 or BBC2 are found

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. steveroe

steveroe Must do some work...

Oct 29, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    What is the model of the STB?

3. Hustiniano

Hustiniano New Member

Nov 4, 2002
    London
    It is a Thomson DT 11002 - at least that is the only number I can se anywhere on the box other than the serial number

4. Duncan

Duncan New Member

Nov 1, 2002
    It sounds to me as though your box doesn't support the new transmission modes. I don't know the details of the London switch-over, but I think that the BBC A transponder will have switched over to 8k/64QAM during the first stage of switch-over. The other muxes will all change to that mode on April 18th at which point I think your stb will be useless.
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/transmitternetwork/transmitter_groups/crystal_palace has the second stage details.

5. Hustiniano

Hustiniano New Member

Nov 4, 2002
    London

Advertisements

Thanks Duncan
    Within the STB menu I have tried to "manually tune" and I am offered the option to choose 2K or 8K, so I choose 8k on channel 23 at 490,000, but still do not find BBC1 or 2. Do you know if there is there another setting I need to change?

6. Hustiniano

Hustiniano New Member

Nov 4, 2002
    London
    Actually, I realise now that the model is a Thomson DTI 1002

7. johala_reewi

johala_reewi New Member

Oct 30, 2002
    Southampton UK
  8. Major dude

Major dude Member

Oct 28, 2002
    My Mother in Law's STB retuned okay but she now has no subtitles on BBC2 or BBC News 24.

It is a Grundig GT1500, any ideas?