Status Bar Issues / Incorrect Time Shown Until Paused (30-Minute Buffer)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by SrLANGuy, Dec 20, 2019.

1. SrLANGuy

SrLANGuy Member

Dec 26, 2001
    I've been having this issue for several weeks now. While watching a Live TV channel that has the full 30-minute buffer, I sometimes rewind to the beginning of the buffer to see what I missed. As commercials come on, I fast forward past them and hit PLAY (not pause) at the end of the commercial break. If I keep doing this past several commercial breaks, the time shown on the status bar gets further and further off. But once you hit the PAUSE button, the status bar will suddenly correct itself. So my status bar may show something like 4:30pm, but as soon as I hit PAUSE, it suddenly corrects itself and shows I'm actually at 4:22pm.

This issue happens on my TiVo Roamio Pro and my TiVo Mini Vox. It also happens on my sister's TiVo Bolt and TiVo Mini. I assumed this was something that TiVo would notice and fix quickly, but after several weeks, I started searching these forums, but couldn't find anything on the issue.

The software version on my TiVo Roamio Pro is 21.9.6.v5-840-6-840 and my cable provider is Charter Spectrum.

Are others users experiencing this issue?

2. Jan 5, 2020 #2 of 10
    RightHere

RightHere Member

Dec 17, 2002
    I haven't noticed how it auto-corrects itself, but I DEFINITELY have the problem where the time reported in the status bar is not the accurate time.

3. Jan 5, 2020 #3 of 10
    CinciDVR

CinciDVR Contentious Member

May 24, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    I see this happen when I hold the "replay" button down to jump to the farthest point in the buffer. While it does take me to the beginning of the buffer, the time in the status bar does not change to the time for the beginning of the buffer, but instead remains as the current time. As I watch the buffer, and fast forward through commercials, the time increments like you would expect, but since it was wrong to begin with, it remains wrong. Just like you, when I hit "pause" the time in the status bar updates itself to the correct time in the buffer. I'm on version 21.9.6.v5-846-6-846.

4. Jan 5, 2020 #4 of 10
    RightHere

RightHere Member

Dec 17, 2002
    I also have 21.9.6.v5-846-6-846. And this problem only started happening within the past couple of weeks. The menu/software versions say this is a build from October, so I don't think it's related to any recent software push.

5. Jan 6, 2020 #5 of 10
    kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
  6. Jan 6, 2020 #6 of 10
    RightHere

RightHere Member

Dec 17, 2002
  7. Jan 6, 2020 #7 of 10
    kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Except it was determined both of those threads were the same issue?

-KP

8. Jan 6, 2020 #8 of 10
    RightHere

RightHere Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Where was that determined? Wasn't my takeaway when I read them.

9. Jan 6, 2020 #9 of 10
    kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Post 6

-KP

10. RightHere

RightHere Member

Dec 17, 2002
    LOL @ circular threads :D

Buffer thread started by sender_name. Then mb2k said they were seeing "similar problems" (no detail). You pointed them at the "won't rewind or pause live TV" thread, and they said it was the same issue. But what they actually described in that other thread sounds more like the "buffer thread" problem to me. Overall, confusing as hell.

The issue described in won't rewind or pause live tv sounds possibly similar to my issue, but for me it's easily resolved without a reboot (channel change does it). So that's why I'm thinking it's something different.

Then there was another post in there about it being related to a "no signal" issue. I don't think that's the case for me either, but I will keep an eye out for that.

Thanks for noticing there's some similarity across all of these threads.:thumbsup: