State of the Union

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jilter, May 11, 2019.

1. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    Tiny vignettes on Sundance. Very much reminds me of In Treatment, which I loved. I think the writing is sensational. Plus its the perfect duration for my attention issues. Please someone - watch -so we can discuss!
    A Married Couple Walk Into a Bar. We Watch.

Mikeguy likes this.
  2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Sounds wonderful--wish I had access to it. :( (And now I want to watch all of "In Treatment" again.)

3. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    OK, Episode 1:

Charming, and 80% of the way there; those accents just send me. I could watch anything with Chris O'Dowd (I discovered him with his performance as the schoolmaster in "The Amazing Mrs. Pritchard"--a super accent).

A few favorite bits:

-- Their discussion of the extent of her infidelity, and his look of schoolboy beaming pride when she notes that the affair's 4 entanglements took place over a few weeks, whereas their own original 4 took place over a few days.

-- Their discussion of what their relationship still has going for itself: the kids, crossword puzzles, and "Game of Thrones"--"when it's on."

4. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Chris O'Dowd of the IT Crowd?

5. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Yes, among other things-if you like him in the IT Crowd, please watch this-and check out "Moone Boy" on HULU!

I am enjoying "SOTU" and I just wonder if

we are ever going to see them in the therapist's office!

I love both Chris and Rosamund and they play well off of each other. Love how they

gossip about other people/couples in the bar!

6. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    From what I read in the above article,

Nope.

Regina likes this.
  7. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Just set a one pass for it. Only available from 6 on. I'm not much for watching something after it starts so it might be a bit of a wait to catch the beginning. The premise sounds interesting.

8. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Same. But I did see that the episodes are available on the Sundance TV app so I might catch up that way. I loved In Treatment.