Starz to delay Netflix streaming of Camelot/Torchwood by 90 days

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jschuur, Mar 24, 2011.

1. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK

Advertisements

New policy applies to all Starz Originals, effective April 1st.

Booooo.

2. nexter

nexter New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    wow that sucks...but if you have netflix you still have starz...sorta http://www.netflix.com/StarzLive as in you can watch it when it airs if you have the time available.. (this is of course assuming that starz live channel is still on netflix)

3. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    OK I clicked on that link, signed in, and all of a sudden I'm watching a TV show or a movie and I have no idea what it is. There are no indications anywhere on the screen of what I'm watching. It's pretty good though, so I think I'll watch it for a while!

EDIT: Oh yeah, now I see it's actually streaming the Starz Channel. I didn't realize that. I never knew this was available. Still they ought to have some program guide info on the screen!

4. SurvivorFan

SurvivorFan & TiVo Loyalist

Mar 9, 2011
    is it...
    Requires Windows? :confused:

Welcome to 10 years ago. :thumbsdown:

5. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA

Advertisements

This has been a long-standing complaint about Netflix (Windows only). So far they don't seem to care much.

6. SurvivorFan

SurvivorFan & TiVo Loyalist

Mar 9, 2011
    is it...
    This is the first thing about Netflix I've encountered that didn't work on my Mac or iPad.

7. dcheesi

dcheesi ...I'm not.

Apr 6, 2001
    MD, USA
    Makes sense. I was actually kind of shocked that Starz allowed Netflix streaming of current programs to begin with, mostly for the reasons stated in the link (why pay for Starz?).

As with the DVD delay period, it's no big deal to me. It just shifts the effective start date of the series for me, and I have plenty of other stuff to watch in the meantime.

8. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    Why boo this??? You can either keep Starz with a delay, or see Netflix jack up their prices to pay for the immediate releases. If you really want to see the Starz shows sooner, then just subscribe to Starz.

9. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have Starz on my cable so I don't notice this stuff. I wish I could get the HBO and Showtime stuff 90 days later on streaming. I really want to see the one based on the George RR Martin novels.

10. Iluvatar

Iluvatar New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Well maybe if we are going to have to wait 90 days they can finally get rid of all the crappy SD quality videos. I hate finding a movie I really want to watch only to click on the info button and finding out it is provided by Starz. :thumbsdown: