Starting to notice some issues, curious what my options are.

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by sbl2786, Mar 26, 2020 at 10:21 PM.

1. sbl2786

sbl2786 New Member

Thursday
    I have a Tivo Bolt+ 3tb it's about 2 and a half years old.

I have had a lot more freezing issues randomly, not consistent yet but pretty random moments where it's sluggish to the point that I have to reboot the box or it might freeze a bit.

Tonight I have 3 shows recording and I tried to play an older recording that I have played fine before and it started freezing during playback

My first thought is it possibly the drive

My ODT while this is happening and I have 3 shows recording was 58 so doesnt seem to be heat related. I have fans under the box

Is there any tests I can do to maybe try to see if theres a problem currently with the drive or other hardware?

Also going forward how can I back up my shows especially if I have to change the drive and if I do have to do that how is that done?

Sorry for the questions but I only have had Tivo since I got this box and I havnt had any issues at all till now

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 10:38 PM
  2. Critterbob

Critterbob New Member

Jan 25, 2019
    Makes me wonder if it has to do with the commercials they now add at the beginning of a recording. I noticed this within the last week on mine. I started to wonder when the same ads started at the beginning of my recordings. I realized this was happening when I went back to the beginning of the show and the ad was not on the recording. It causes a startup delay in the recordings. Although I have not experienced lockups because of this, it could be possible. Just a thought.