start/stop recording early or late

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by cmarbach, Jan 6, 2006.

1. cmarbach

cmarbach New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Florida
    While you can record for longer than the program, you can not record for shorter. While you can start earlier for a program you can't start later.

For instance, what do I do with ER which starts at 9:59 and goes to 11:00? How can I record the show that runs just before ER from 9:00-10:00?

Doing it manually doesn;t help with the season pass.

Carl

2. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Active Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Activate "Overlap Protection". Your DVR needs the most updated software for this feature.

3. cmarbach

cmarbach New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Florida
    I have a HD-250 HD TIVO. Doesn't it automatically have the latest software downloaded? How do I tell.

And, where would I find "overlap protection" to activate?

Carl

4. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    The current software version for the HD-250 is pretty far behind in terms of features compared to the current software version for standalone TiVos.

The most recent HD-250 software doesn't support "overlap protection". Sorry.

5. cmarbach

cmarbach New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Florida
    Just another example of why HD is VERY hard to do.....everyone involved with HD should be ashamed of how they have handled this terrific medium.

6. maharg18

maharg18 Active Member

Dec 3, 2002
    Chattanooga, TN
    It's not an HD problem, it's a Directv problem. They won't even release newer software for the SD Directivos, let alone the HD models.