Stargate Universe "The Hunt" (4/11/11) SPOILERS!!!!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by RGM1138, Apr 12, 2011.

1. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    OMG They gated to Pandora. So, the Thanator is too intelligent to kill but the space deer is just good eats?

Careful, Young. Varro is about to appropriate your occasional gurl fren.

Hey, look at that. Rush actually smiled while putting one over on Eli.

Ah, now I see a glimmer of what may be the denouement. On the last ep, they all pile into the stasis pods, (due to some prolonged problem), CU, Rush locks the final pod door, EXT, shot of Destiny as it FTLs off into the future . . fade out.

Shot as a intended season ending cliffhanger, but instead, becomes the final ep. And we never find out what's at the beginning of the Universe.

Edit: Another thing I wondered about. How did the creature get T.J. and the Cpl back to its lair? Did it carry them with two of the 6 arm/legs, or maybe by the scruff of their necks, like a mama cat. Perhaps the baby pumas helped? :)

2. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I liked the episode. I'm guessing you didn't. I'm just pissed that we're running out of new ones.

3. DVC California

DVC California Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Automatic weapons and plastic explosives...Meh! Stupid hairless apes!

Small campfire in cave...Hmmmm, By jove, these chaps are intelligent.

Other than that, I liked this ep.

And I guess Greer got his mojo back, hence the BBQ back on board.

4. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I liked how what's his name came back to join Greer, TJ, and the injured man at the end but didn't take over for TJ to help carry the guy. That lack of chivalry can't be good if you're trying to get into a girl's pants!

glad to see...um...Vanessa get some more lines ;)

strange that half of the landing party did not carry weapons of any kind :rolleyes:

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    How many red shirts were killed this episode? They've got to be getting short of spare, nameless people.

I wonder why they decided to waste valuable time on Dr. Whatshisname's aborted courtship.

6. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I think this is what I like about this show. Like BSG at the beginning, the idea is to show these people are real human beings; with complex personalities, emotions, flaws, etc.

I know people want to see new worlds and things to blow up in space, but this show has always tried to spend time showing average interactions like this one.

7. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    But there are only a few episodes left. I know they probably didn't know that when this episode was filmed, but watching it now, it seems like a waste of time. At least the final scene confirmed that Greer was tapping that as was postulated many threads ago.

8. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    I remember thinking that with all those Marines on board, why is Greer the only guy looking for T.J. and the Cpl. I know that several people were taken back to the ship, but surely they had some backup available.

9. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    wasn't there an episode a while ago that showed Lisa (I think that's her name) being the ships' slut? or was it someone else?

I know, I know...that if a guy were doing it, he would be called a stud, not a slut. It's the world we live in, I don't make the rules!

10. Stormspace

Stormspace Electrocuted by TiVo

Apr 13, 2004
    Hartsville, SC
    I think you are right. I also think the her title came from the show. :)

11. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I didn't like this episode. It was one of those episodes that I feel like I've seen every season of every Stargate show.

12. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    The intelligent creature thing was stupid. It was obvious that the preditors did not use technology, how would they recognize it. Why didn't they recognize the humans as intelligent animals? They were wearing manufactured clothing not stuff made out of leaves or something.
    Seemed like a filler episode to me.

13. JerryLBell

JerryLBell Active Member

May 3, 2002
    Maybe the technology (guns, explosives, clothes, etc.) was so advanced that it was beyond what the critters could recognized as being technology. Fire, on the other hand, was something they could understand, if not directly use themselves.
    Yeah, probably. It certainly didn't progress the arc.

14. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Not much, anyway. As noted above it did introduce the stasis pods, and a lot of them (a few rooms). Maybe some are occupied?

15. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Maybe as someone suggested, they can retreat to them and go for a million years in the ship in the final episode.

16. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    one thing that was strange: they find the stasis pods. fine. But wouldn't the next thing to do would be to frantically look in each room to see if there are any ancients in some of them :confused:

17. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    How many "red shirts" died in this episode trying to save two people? It seems that they were all pretty happy, eating the BBQ and having a good time after several deaths. People on Destiny are not replaceable!

18. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I think it was mostly a hunting party of alliance people from that other ship that were killed, so probably many of the "good guys" didn't give a rat's @ss.

19. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Yeah, I think they mentioned that Varo was the "last of his people" on board now.

20. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    another :rolleyes: at how the creatures saved "our" people to eat later but indiscriminately killed the Alliance people on the spot!

And the hunting party never tried to recover the Alliance people (or check that they were alive). Only TJ mattered. Once they found her, the search was over.